Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 00 Durango R/T with very few mods (180 stat, K&N Filters for oil and air), I really love the stock sound on my truck but want to get a better exhaust to gain a few HP's. Which brand/type would sound closest to original with maybe a little bit of volume louder but not much at idle while still giving a nice performance gain? I like the low deep rumble it now has and I don't upset neighbors. But if I get up on the gas I don't mind letting people know this isnt a ford or chevy passing them.

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
well, grab a set of MOPAR/PPH headers, if they are still avail. contact Sam P at socaldakota.com

then either a Flowmaster 40, Magnaflow or a MBRP muffler.

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
razman131 said:
well, grab a set of MOPAR/PPH headers, if they are still avail. contact Sam P at socaldakota.com

then either a Flowmaster 40, Magnaflow or a MBRP muffler.
I don't think he is looking for a loudass sound that a flowmaster 40 would provide. I heard a flowmaster 50 is much more quiet and still delivers the performance. Maybe do some research and go to the homesites of flowmaster and magnaflow possibly dynomax and downloud some sounclips for them to see if that is the right sound for you.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a suv 50 series on my 03 dakota r/t right now and it is a little bit louder than stock and a great muffler. not loud enough for me though thats why im in the middle of putting on my new spintech side exit, if you aren't looking for to much sound then i would definatly go with the 50 series

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I just went to the Magnaflow and the Flowmaster sites to hear clips. The Magna sounded nice. Not too loud but powerful when pushed. The Flowmaster sounded great also. Dont know if its just recording differences but the Floawmaster 50 sounded abit deeper at idle than the Magna. But the Magna seemed to open up more at speed. Did I hear them right or is that a recording difference only you think?

p.s. The qsmotorsports one way too loud for my taste though.

p.p.s. Went to the Borla site but could not find any sound clips. Anyone no anything about them?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Just look at my signature. 3" stainless from cat back and the muffler is straight thru yet perfectly quiet when cruising with just a slight rumble on light acceleration. However, when you punch it it lets everyone know what you have under the hood.

·
5 NINE DAK
148 Posts
have a good suggestion for u

i have a a 99'dakota r/t and i just had my exhaust done, i had true duals run from the manifolds back with two MAC racing mufflers, sounds insane, and really added a good amount of power over my old flowmaster cat-back system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.