Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I like trucks
510 Posts
They just plain messed up your gear and lsd install, they didnt shim em right or something, your rear locked up all of a sudden and the weak link was the drive shaft, snapped the sucker right in two.

Thats the only thing I can think happened.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thanks for the insight as to what possibly happened. You know the dealership is not trying to take any responsibility for what happened :bs2:. That's a valid point I need to bring up though, thanks again

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tobii3 said:
Best of luck with the dealership.

:sorry:
Thanks I am going to need it. Depending on my bill when they finish they might need more than luck on their end because this SH## AIN'T over yet :redx:

·
Registered
51 Posts
just wondering, but how much did it cost for the dealership to install the LSD on your truck? I got a 4.7l durango, and lookin to do the same swap. But prefer dealer (for the reason that if they fuck up like yours did, they gotta fix it etc.)

Btw, I live in Canada

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will have to double check but I think it was 300.00. I bought my gears and LSD through KRC Performance and the dealership installed everything.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ScatDak said:
Now let me get this straight the DriveShaft Broke not the Ring and Pinion, is your DS Steel or Aluminum if it was Aluminum it could have possible been a hairline fracture.
ScatDak I am not sure if it is Aluminum or not. I will have to check. By the weight of it it's probably Aluminum if not it's some cheap a## metal. The driveshaft broke in the middle sending the rear section down into the ground and breaking it loose from the rear flange on impact. It also screwed up the ring and pinion when all this occurred according to the dealership. The dealership is claiming the only way this happened was something hit the driveshaft causing a weak spot until it broke.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
That is possible or it wasnt properly balanced from the Factory and was a matter of time before it broke, Im curious why the Gear and limited slip change in the first place. Where you chasing a vibration in the first place. I know your pissed about the whole ordeal and I want to see you get your Durango back and enjoy it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No initial problems just part of the mods on my list. Originally it had the open diff. with 3.55 gears. I have added HO cams (changing to the 206s or larger) CAI and a few other goodies. From a dead stop it would just light the tires up and wouldn't hook up until it shifted. It really wasn't much fun trying to drive in the rain. I wish now I would have just left it alone, at least I would be driving it instead of waiting on the repair bill :cussing:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.