Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAHA, I was out riding around after i dropped my g/f off, and on my way home, a kid pulls up next to me at the light and starts tellin me how shitty dodges are.....I gave him a look like WTF???? So I asked him if he wanted to race so I could shut his mouth.....he said it wouldn't even be a race he'd beat me soo bad. So I got set up, i told him he could have the jump and I'd play catch up, shure enough, i gave him the hit, and at first he pulled maybe a half a car, then i just started to walk away. I beat him by atleast 5 "trucks"(there bigger,haha). I let off when I hit 4th just cuz of cops......but he wouldn't pull next to me the rest of my trip home.

G

·
lol, i have more fun killin cheby's. There's is a kid here that lives bout 2 miles from me and one afternoon on the way home from school I pull up next to him at the light. I look over and he is looking at me and he rev's his engine so I thought okay easy kill. He has an '02 Chevy 1500 SWB Regency with the 4.7L in it. Well I also noticed that he had his girlfriend with him. Not being able to resist embarrassing kids with their girls in the car I put my foot through the floor when the light turned green. He did this little squeal of a burnout while my tires were still lit up when I shifted into second and passed him. I never looked back. The sad part of this story is what happened an hour later.

I had went home to pick up my other truck, '97 F250 Diesel with the Banks HotShot turbo kit on it, I was on my way to pick up 2 more motorcycles for a friend. I pull up to a light and low and behold the same kid in the same POS yellow cheby pulls up. Same trick... he rev's it but I don't think he could see me inside (mirror tint) and the light turns green. Now, my truck weighs 7200 lbs and is running roughly 450hp and 680ft/lbs to the rear wheels - this truck is built for pulling and hauling not hauling ass. Anyway he squeeks his tires again but I do the same. We are neck and neck until I hit third gear and thats were my truck will build some serious speed (its overcome the weight by this point) and I pull away. We hit the next light and I roll down my window and look over right as he pulls up. I smile at him and when he recognized who it was his face dropped I thought he was about to cry. He immediately turned right and kept going. So thats my enjoyment... sadly enough I think my diesels faster in the quarter than my dak. I didn't think the tow vehicle was supposed to be faster than the trailered ride?

·
Speed Freak
269 Posts
yeah it only takes a couple of mods to get them things to run hella fast.

G

·
Yeah, I know... there is a guy here in OK that I work with that has an '02 F350 4x4 crew cab diesel that ran a 14.1 at Thunder Valley Raceway about 2 months ago. Makes me wonder what mine will run... His diesel was faster than his son's hopped up '98 Eclipse GTX Turbo that they trailered down there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good Kills :D

The new big thing at our local drag strip is cowboys modding thier chevy/ford turbo diesels, at first I was pissed thinking they were wasting all of our time but I was surprised by the times they run. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts