Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Drop and destroy!!
209 Posts
:cool: Lifted or lowered, a roll pan would look good on any truck IMO.

Maybe the reason your friends with the lifted trucks don't want a rollpan is because, in all honesty, they don't provide a lot of protection for the rear of your ride.

Another reason could be that to get into the back of a lifted truck it is a little harder without a rear bumper to step on, and get up into the bed of the truck.

Rear bumpers don't look bad, but for the ultimate in the looks department a rollpan is the way to go. Your sure as heck not gonna put a rear bush bumper or tubular bumper on a lowered Dakota though. :nono:

I've got a SS II urathane rear rollpan on my Dakota. I went with the urathane because of the ruggedness of it. Fiberglass rollpans have a tendancy to get holes or "spiders" in the paint from rocks thrown from the rear tires because their not as flexable. It's the same material as your lower front valance below the front bumper.

If you decide on fiberglass, urathane or metal the best thing I can tell you is to "Rockguard" the backside of it to prevent damage from rocks from the rear tires.

Hope this helps you out somewhat on your decision. :huh:

· Drop and destroy!!
209 Posts
CanucksDakotaRT said:
Ok, you've persuaded me, ima say yes to a roll-pan.

Yeah Ima go with the SS II also, just all of the materials you named (fibreglass, etc.), got a price differnece between them?

Hey Alta Boy, noticed your from Alberta, I'm curious looking at your truck youv'e done a thing or two with mods, where you get this stuff? A lot of places theres always outrageous shipping charges to Canada or none at all. Anyways where do you get most of your stuff?
I don't have any price differences between the various rollpans but I did get my roll pan here in Canada. Pretty much everything else was bought from the USA either by Ebay or other suppliers.

If they don't get you on shipping from the states they get you on their ridiculas markup here in Canada. I'll get you a number posted from where I got my rollpan. There usually fairly decent with "out of town" purchases and will give you some kind of a discount.

· Drop and destroy!!
209 Posts
CYCLONE_06 said:
The second reason, is, to me personally, I think they add a feminine quality, and I am not about making my truck look feminine at all. But, those are my reasons. If ya want one, go for it.

~CYCLONE_06
:stick: Cyclone......... How do you come up with this anology for a rollpan? Your'e kidding, right?

:rofl: He He He.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.