Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:deadhorse:guys just answer the question.

please post your good and bad stories about torsions keys

I hear people say do it and other say dont do it

·
don't feed the bears
10,668 Posts
no

you dont need a story.. they dont make sense for OUR trucks... just like the throttle body spacers..

·
Registered
265 Posts
no

you dont need a story.. they dont make sense for OUR trucks... just like the throttle body spacers..
Unless your t/bars are sagging like mine were. I tried the t/bar crank without and couldn't get the lift most can (drivers side t/bar is sagging) until I bought and installed the keys. I would definitely try to crank before buying.

·
Registered
15 Posts
both sides are cranked all the way up, The reason i ask is becuase i was under the impression keys will allow you to turn them up more. Thanks for the useful information

·
Registered
265 Posts
mine are sagged as well
i have been told you can not align a truck after you install them
I don't know who told you that but it sounds like misinformation to me. When I purchased my truck the drivers side was adjusted higher just to level the truck. The adjustment is there for that reason "to adjust and level ride height". If you can adjust ride height to hit the droop stops with stock keys aftermarket keys will do you no good. You never want to go as high as that because riding with the suspension topped out will, 1. ride like shit 2. cause premature ball joint failure and won't really look much higher. My truck also has the upper ball joints mounted under the upper control arm and the bump stop trimmed in half and longer front shocks. These mods gave me as much lift (ride height) as topping out the control arms but I still have about an inch between the upper control arm and droop stop. After all that it was aligned without any difficulties.

·
S.S. Neigel USAF
369 Posts
no

I have a throttle body spacer... I like it. :( :huh:

·
Registered
115 Posts
ya i was able to top out all the way up to upper bumpstop i didn't drive around like that though lol so i was able to just use the stock keys, really depends on how worn your torsion bars are.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts