Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know what is up I installed HIDs last week and when i did my battery was drained very quickly when testing the lights on..

charged it up battery ran fine for a week now tonight i was getting gas and then my truck would not start (i shut the head light switch off after i shut the truck off which the head lights stay on for a little bit)

well that killed my battery so i had it jumped after about 15 min being hooked to another truck it started

went to a buddies parked my truck came out about 3 hours later truck was dead again

jumped it went to my girlfriends house came out to go home go to start truck and its dead again

now there is a cylinder next ot the battery that is clikcing is that some gsort air cylinder for the emmisions and is it supposed to be clikcing

and why does my battery keep dying?!?!

thanks guys!

·
The Asian Persuasion
2,644 Posts
You most likely need a new battery. It's most likely a coinsedence that your battery is starting to die when you installed your HID's. HID's use less power than your standard halogen bulbs, so I doubt that's what's causing your battery to be dead.

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
If you drained your battery while testing your lights and haven't actually hooked it up to a battery charger to put a full charge on it, then that is part of your problem. You may have also damaged the battery, or it could just be going bad and not holding a charge either.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys
the clicking is not comming from the battery
if your looking at the battery from the front of the truck on the right hand side there is a little vavle it looks like and that is clikcing ill get a pic of it at lunch time

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
It's part of your emissions stuff and if you have a low battery voltage it could be causing other problems.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm alright thanks guys!

do you think it could also be the alternator or just the battery

across the battery with a volt meter truck running it was reading 13.73 and when i put my head lights on 14.12

·
7,610 Posts
clickin sound is normally the starter not havin enough power to turn it fully, for a v6 starter it need 11.2 and v8s its 11.5v, the battery may not be holdin a good enough charge when shut off which would indicate bad cells. i had a battery once that would show voltage correctly when charged but the actually amps it showed when tested showed it was bad

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the clicking is coming from a cylinder right next to the bttery whent he truck is running
and i was thinking it was for the emissions like HSK said

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,227 Posts
You need to have the battery load tested, it sounds like the charging system is good.

·
Diesel Mechanic
898 Posts
the clicking u are hearing from that 'cylinder' is the purge solinoid.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts