Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new on the board...I'm looking for a set of Dakota/Durango RT chrome wheel covers/skins. I know they have been discontinued but maybe someone has a set laying around they may want to sell. Thanks

·
American Rebel.
13,460 Posts
welcome. and try lmctruck.com. they might have some

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Well, I have a set but there no longer chrome, there painted black and 1 of them is starting to crack in the center, could be repaired with some epoxy. If nothing else, I'll just repair them, sand them down and repaint them next spring.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I have a set but there no longer chrome, there painted black and 1 of them is starting to crack in the center, could be repaired with some epoxy. If nothing else, I'll just repair them, sand them down and repaint them next spring.
Thanks for the offer but I'm looking for a set of chrome in excellent shape.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Thanks for the offer but I'm looking for a set of chrome in excellent shape.
Understand.

Just an FYI. If your RT wheels are mint then I don't recommend you using the wheel skins on those wheels. The wheel skins use metal tabs to help hold the wheel skin on the wheel, those tabs will scratch the wheels pretty badly. I can get some photos of how badly these scratch the wheels.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Understand.

Just an FYI. If your RT wheels are mint then I don't recommend you using the wheel skins on those wheels. The wheel skins use metal tabs to help hold the wheel skin on the wheel, those tabs will scratch the wheels pretty badly. I can get some photos of how badly these scratch the wheels.
Thanks. My wheels have been sanded and repainted so they are in great shape but I just want chrome. If they scratch I will refinish them again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts