Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
after getting my new tires mounted today, i got my truck aligned and the guy that did the alignment said my truck must of been hit at some point, cuz my housing is bent on the drivers side, i found a 9.25 with the same gears its just out of a 94 ram 2500 and its 8 lug, but other than changing the outers, would it still be the same width and just bolt right up?

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I would assume the ram axle is wider...

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
I'm assuming he saw it was out of spec on the computer and told you the axle was bent...right? Surely if the housing is bent enough to see, you'd have serious axle shaft trouble.

Perhaps just the axle shaft is bent. Happens...

Jack the truck up, put in gear and watch the rear tires. If the driver side wobbles, its the axle shaft, not the housing.

Either way, that Ram axle isn't going in your truck.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry i didnt mean outers, i was caught up talkin about switching a dana 44 to a 6 lug with chevy parts with a friend while i was typing and he mentioned outers so i typed it haha, but i'll jack it up and double check it, god i hope its just the axle, i wouldnt think it would be the housing. at least i hope not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
axle

after getting my new tires mounted today, i got my truck aligned and the guy that did the alignment said my truck must of been hit at some point, cuz my housing is bent on the drivers side, i found a 9.25 with the same gears its just out of a 94 ram 2500 and its 8 lug, but other than changing the outers, would it still be the same width and just bolt right up?
On my 2K Dak R/T the OEM axle housing is from the ram <> the tubes are
1/2" bigger. I assume the width was dealt with by wheel offset and fender flares that came on the R/T
I also noted that the ram has wider shackles/springs than the R/T because I compared the Eyebolts on both and ended up using the Ram bolts for my Caltrac plates. HTH
DB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts