Dakota Durango Forum banner

281 - 300 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was playing around in my friends field and burried my durango to the frame :( I had to call my friend to bring his blazer and yank me out :vomit:

·
American Rebel.
13,460 Posts
pulled into a ditch tonight to turn around, girl freaked out. little tire slip but didnt get stuck :D im always prepared though. lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know I have posted the pics before, but i love this thread now that i found it and want to help keep it going, so first is the mud picture, its on 2 inch body lift, 3 inch blocks in the back, and cranked torsions with 35 inch cooper discoverer's stt's they dug well but wore fast, anyway, its on the bank of the river and my buddy with a ram 1500 and me were ripping it up in 2wd to dig it out a bit... and that we did, he got stuck then put it in 4 and dug more, so i tried to go threw in two what he couldn't in 4 since he only had 31" big horns, i hit the end of his rut and the truck kicked itself in to neutral losing all momentum, dropped it in 4 low and gave it hell back and forth, when i finally gave up my buddy in the passenger seat went to open the door and it wouldnt budge, reason for this? the bank of the river was at his door handle, it was cold and dark so i didnt wanna walk in the river to try to get a picture from that side

before moving on, i got the truck real cheap and lifted it real cheap, so i beat it like a red headed step child and had a blast, now on to the second story that happened before the first one, i do believe this is when it only had the body lift and the 235's or whatever was on it when i bought it, out playing in the snow with a buddy that has a stock grand cherokee just drifting around and what not in a big empty parking lot we stumble upon this snow pile that was as tall as the truck, me being 21 years old with no remorse line up to it, he pulls up next to me and says "you wont hit it" i give him a little grin put it in 4 low and gave her hell, this was the first attempt, the second attempt i made it threw, it was a very rough ride... so with out further yappin, here is more of my stupidity for your enjoyment :clap2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
the picture isnt showing for me

·
Professional Ameteur
205 Posts
I hate getting stuck in purgatory for 26 hours

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought the Durango lifted 5.5in on 33s and decided it would be smart to throw some doughnuts in it, well we al see how that worked out. I was throwing some good ones until I hit a rock and it started to bounce and because it was top heavy it flipped. After it flipped I found myself laying on the roof above the passenger seat. I was fine thanks for asking just jammed up my wrist and my back was a little sore but other than that I was fine. now the Durango on the other hand was totaled but we were able to hook up the chain you see in the pic and got a friend of mine to pull it over on its wheels again and we towed it to his house and add some ATF4 and oil and it turned right on. I ended up parting it out and used the lift and tires on my current Durango that you see in pic 2.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Only time I've gotten stuck.
Only reason I got stuck is because I had my front drive shaft out and was wheeling in 2wd. Came at that particular hole perpendicular to the way I'm facing in the picture. Had to turn left in the middle of it, and that's when I stopped moving.
Backed up about a foot, and tried at it again...but got nothing.
It's down a lot deeper on the drivers side too.
redneck yacht club?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Had my friend pull the old I just went through here in my truck card lol. He failed to tell me he had lockers I do not yet and I also did not hit said hole at the correct line or speed therefore I pretty much sat the entire weight of the durango down on the t-case skidplate. Ended up ripping the front bumper off had to wait two hours for somone to go get another chain and finally got drug out. Was it worth it probably not but I had fun before and after I got stuck lol. If i had already turned my torsions up and had my shackles on the rear and a limited slip or locker I think i would have just plowed right on through.

The aftermath

281 - 300 of 301 Posts