Dakota Durango Forum banner

261 - 280 of 301 Posts

·
Real men play in the dirt
375 Posts
Well, here's a few with both my Dakota and Ranger.

This one I got the transmission support crossmember hung up on rocks. This is the result of trying to get out...

Bald tires.

Too slick to get the ass up over the tree roots, about a foot's worth of a climb.

Now onto the Ranger.

Bald tires, once again.

First day of hunting season. New natural gas pipeline was going in and I drove off of the wooden mats that they put down into two feet of fresh goop.

Steered a little too far to the left, fell into some ruts that my buddy with 38s just got done ripping up.

·
Professional Ameteur
205 Posts
Not a dak or dur but my friends' rig that is no longer with us RIP. 'twas a gorgeous WJ that was just about perfect IMO. First pic is the rig, second pic is literally right before it met its end, and 3rd pic is the hole it died in. It was deeper than we thought, The first hole of 2 was longer and wider than this one, and we all made it through just fine, but he was the first one to hit this second hole and it swallowed it whole. Probably would've wound up in a better situation if it wasn't an ice hole. It made it about halfway across then the ice gave out and it dove into the water. it kept sinking until we pulled it out with a massive F250 with an XJ on a choker to it. Water was up to the steering wheel and filled the engine, completely hydrolocked, then froze so the engine was destroyed. Wound up parting it out and donating it to the FD and burning it.
-Jm5

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ok, epic story-time.

I got my 4x4 Dakota stuck in a deep rut that I had driven through several times before with zero problems...now when I say stuck I mean bottomed out. Bad. All mud. Had no idea how it had changed so much in just under a week.

Pro-tip: always have someone in the family with a 4x4 Jeep, and never offroad alone. We pulled it out no problem. I continued with my day.

Note: the place I got stuck is behind a grocery store and is an old construction site that was abandoned (there were zero "no trespassing" signs) so I figured I was fine.

I decided to drive back around it to get some pics of where I was stuck for this very forum. BAM I see another truck there; thinking someone saw me stuck and decided to put up some signs or something I prepare to nonchalantly drive my completely mud covered truck past on this very very back road like I'm just passing through. That is until I realize that this white F-150 is indeed stuck as well.

They weren't stuck in the same exact spot and it didn't occur to me to get a pic of them stuck until after the fact (same with mine as well) but here is the aftermath.

The driver says to me right after I get them out and told them where I was stuck , "Yeah, I got my Dakota stuck in EXACTLY the same spot as you two days ago!" AND THUS SOLVES THE MYSTERY OF WHY I GOT STUCK IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

First pick is where I bottomed out
Second and third are of mud on the truck
Fourth is the F-150 I pulled out. (Note I am not pictured here, the drivers of the F-150 were nice enough to pose for the shot after I pulled them out)

So currently my truck is covered in a little bit of shame and a little bit of redemption!

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
gumbo mud is bad news!!!

did this little trick thursday i have been thru this hole before but apparently someone has rutted it up a little deeper than i can go. i could move a little while but kept hitting the rearend and frame so i couldn't get out. and i bent my door and rocker panel on that big log right beside the truck.

·
Professional Ameteur
205 Posts
got a lil stuck today in mud without 4wd. bud's f150 gave me a nice tug and we were on our way. pics to follow (if someone took em haha)

took the front driveshaft out so i was only wheeling in 2wd. somehow got stuck in a tiny little bit of mud. I escaped one situation by somehow driving sideways through a rut. :clap2:

·
American Rebel.
13,460 Posts
damn johnny moon, is it cold there haha?!?! I have a hat like that. and morbid, those are slt rims. I have em too. They came on durango SLT and SLT+ and dakota SLT and stampede and 4x4

·
Professional Ameteur
205 Posts
it's been cold at night since the end of august. I've seen daks and durs with these rims all over. You can probably find em at a junk yard. I've never seen a full set though, just multiple trucks with the same rims.

·
American Rebel.
13,460 Posts
he can get them for cheap on ebay. and its cold here at night too. that hat keeps it warm as fuck hhaa

·
Professional Ameteur
205 Posts
its so nice on a cold night lol. only reason i get out of my house in the morning is because i know its sitting in my truck haha.

·
American Rebel.
13,460 Posts
I aint got mine down where i live right now, i have to start the truck 10 minutes before i leave

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

·
American Rebel.
13,460 Posts
he calls it a dakota. hahahahahaha

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

·
American Rebel.
13,460 Posts
^ well he does drive a tow truck through mud. HAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
No pics but pulled out a Dakota Quad with mine today. Kid was out with daddy's stock truck in a construction site and buried it in a snowdrift. Walking out they were calling buddies and wondering who they could get when they saw mine parked and asked "What about that guy?" Knocked on the door and I went and pulled them out, I was bored anyway. No gloves, no recovery gear AND they were trying to shovel with a window scraper.:jester: Nothing like being prepared.

261 - 280 of 301 Posts