Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Sure this was posted previously in the forum, but not sure. I'm looking for some information on wiring some new non stock foglights for daytime running lights on my DAK. I just purchased the Navaigator Cyber Whites, and would like to hook them up to come on when I start my truck :confused:

THX

·
Registered
402 Posts
If I am not mistaken, I believe that you could probably run a power wire from your ignition controled power wire to the positive of the lights and then just ground them locally. This will eliminate the need of a switch and they will turn on and off with you truck. This is how I would do it, but their might be an easier way.... :huh:

·
Registered
69 Posts
a ignition switched wire i like to use is the radio turn on. just make sure the 10 amp fuse won't blow by using it for both.

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
just run a relay. five wires:2-to the lights, 1-12v+, 1-GND, 1-IGN. the IGN could be from the radio or cig lighter. GND just a body ground or even the the battery. 12v+ straight to the battery.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
check your fuse box for open fuse's and run it there with a fuse tap. it's the easiest way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts