Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.. I'm brand spanking new here this is my first post so bear with me while I'm looking for a little information please. I have a 98 Dakota crew cab with the 2.5 l standard transmission about a year ago I had a motor swap done to it the cost was very very reasonable however after I got it back I started having some issues electrically but because the motor itself was running good and strong the mechanic basically said it wasn't his problem he was paid to swap the motors and that's what he did. so after about two and a half months of having problems I found what the issue was.... And it has turned into a nightmare. When he hooked everything back up what he didn't do was plug everything into their holding spots which left the wiring harness laying on the block which of course got hot and melted wires once I found that separated all of the wires wrapped each one individually if it had any bearish showing and then group them all back together wrapped them together put them back into one of the black protective sleeves whatever that was and went on my way ....didn't have any more problems but here I am now 6 months later and even though I had tied the harness up just wear and tear of everyday life has caused it to slide back down and has melted wires again now this time there's two spots where my wires are completely molded together from the heat. I would like to put a different wiring harness on it however I know that the Jeep line in that year is in a changeable with various parts of the engine but what I need to know is is the wiring harness interchangeable as well or how do I tell if the wiring harness will work on my truck because I can't keep bandaiding these wires.. money is tight it's my only ride so please help

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
594 Posts
Get a used harness from a boneyard. And use some punctuation - that was the longest sentence I've ever read. Painfully.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts