Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago, 99 Durango 5.2l 4wd. I can hear the motor running but no fluid comes out. Wipers are working fine. I just added new wiper fluid the other day cause i thought it was just low, so now i cant see in the tank. I guess pull the tank off and empty it and go from there, maybe its clogged? Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was concerned about messing with the lines, as it looked like they ran into the fire wall and wasnt sure how to get them back on if i pulled them off or something?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
How cold is it where you live? I had the same thing happen with my Blazer and my Dakota. People I bought them from for some reason put summer only windshield fluid in them and they both froze up. But I have a heated shop so after having them sit in there for a while to thaw the lines I would squirt all the old stuff in til my orange rainx stuff started to come through. So I would try something like that if I were you. What kind of stuff were you using in it? The rainx stuff I buy is good to -35 I think, and it makes your windshield repel water, and is only $2.50 a jug at WalMart

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yah i had cheap stuff in there before, and then we had cold (cold for portland) weather here a few weeks back around +10 degrees or so and thats when it quit working I think. I put the cold weather oarnge stuff in there this time.

I found out where the fluid was going, but dont know why. The fluid is squirting out of the bottom of the little plastic splitter that goes to the passenger and drivers side sprayers.

Splitter disconnected from the lines, fluid from tank line still attached.

Here is the splitter upside down showing the hole that the fluid is squirting out of.

The splitter is just a cheap fealing plastic peice with a spring in it. I took it apart and water flows through all holes just fine. When I hooked it back up to the lines some fluid started squirting out of the passenger side sprayer but not much. With the splitter not attached to the "to sprayer" lines, fluid came out of the both nippels and the bottom hole on the plastic peice. I am wondering if there was a cap or something like it on the bottom of that plastic splitter that is gone now.

I also tried pull the hoses from the sprayers to see if they were clogged. I had an issue getting my windshield wiper arms off, i couldnt. I unbolted them and pulled/pryed/wiggled until i thought i was going to break them, just couldnt get them off. So i could not completely take the plastic cover off to see everything better. On top of that when I tried pulling the hose off of the passenger side sprayer, without hardly and force I snapped the plastic spray nozzle where the hose attaches to so I will have to replace that now.

This is one of those little highly annoying things i would like to fix. Any help getting the ww arms off would be great.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Just let it thaw out and plug it back in. Thats honestly EXACTLY what happened with my Blazer on the rear wiper. I think it build up presure and the line fell apart at a connection. Squirted water all over in the back when I was trying to get it to work as I was driving, it disconected right on the top of the rear door.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What year hoses and and sprayers would fit this? 98-00's? I might go see if they have any at the junk yard and pull new lines/sprayers.

·
Fuck you, I'm from Texas
28,473 Posts
same thing happened on my rango. just went to vato zone and picked up a new t

1 - 9 of 9 Posts