Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone painted the factory wiper cowl to match the body color? If so did you paint it to a smooth surface or the original textured look. I would like to paint it as a cost effective way to get rid of the sun faded weathered look.

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
i painted mine. rattle canned it. i sanded it some, but not much. i used filler primer so the slight texture to the surface was great for the primer to adhere to and fill out smooth. after the primer dried, i sanded it down, primed again, then sanded that smooth. then went on with base coat 2x, and cleared it. mine turned out great.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wiper cowl

That sounds great 03sxt! Did you use dupli-color products? I've removed it and washed it with dishwashing soap and a scotch-brite pad so far.
did you also paint the plastic push on retainers that hold it on?

Thanks for your input :eek:nethumb:

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
Yea, duplicolor. Far as cleaning it they make a pre-primer prep-spray that will remove any leftover residue like oil or anything completely...good stuff. Once it dries good, then you go to work with primer. Like I said, filler primer is what you want so that the finish is smooth. I didn't paint the little tabs cause they weren't that notieable to me, but it doesn't hurt to if you would like.

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
im working on a spare one i have, imma fill in the holes for those mounting tabs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts