Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a bunch of people have the window visors. I was thinking of getting them. Do you guys recommend the in-channel or stick on kind? :fart:

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I have the Ventshade brand which are stick-on. They look great on my Durango.

·
Registered
388 Posts
i have the stick on ones too...they look good even though i trimmed the front edge instead of tucking the tabs under the mirrors (im stupid i know) but even how they are now they still cut out alot of wind noise and they don't really leak in the rain either.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stickiness

do they stay stuck on their? I would imagine that the in-channel ones stay on better. I also was wondering can you get different colors for them. Like I silver for my silver D?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I have the vent shades also. you can paint em any color you like.

H

·
0 Posts
I have the Weather Tech In-Channel ones and I like them very much. I have used them on my past 3 vehicles with no problem. I like the look better because they don't stick out as much as the stick on ones.

F

·
0 Posts
Stickin

I picked up mine from a dealership, they were about 15$ more (they have the dodge logo on them), and ive never had them fall off.
Granted i never go through an auto-carwash. I think youd be askin for trouble, if you expected them to stay on then.

·
Speed Freak
269 Posts
I think i would go with the in channel ones because if you ever get tired of them or want to take them off all ya do is tug and they come out. You also don't have any sticky resedue to deal with on the outside.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do the stick on vent-shades do ok in the car wash?

·
Speed Freak
269 Posts
Over time I would think they would start to loose their stickiness and start to pull off. I have seen it happen on alot of peoples vehicles. I would go with the in channel ones. They don't need any glue and they go right inside the window so no worries about them peeling off.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have in-channel ones on mine. I love them. No wind noise sneaking thru the tape. No worries about water getting behind them.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
the in cahannel ones are a little nicer IMO and alot lower profile, but if you want to paint them to match there wll be a black weather strip between the visor and the door paint...

·
Registered
103 Posts
i work at an auto detail/car wash and we have never found any vent visors that have blown off and we havehad the carwash for going on 2/3 years now, I run my truck through it now and then and i havent ever had any problems

·
don't feed the bears
10,668 Posts
Mad2155

I have the stick on ones until Jan4th my inchannel set comes in..

my passanger one is peeling off at the corner..

Which is better? i would say its personal preferance

if you want mine, PM me ill give you a great price!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I have a set of Weather Tech In-Channel and i love them they were on the truck when I got it. I personally like the cleaner look of the in channel than the stick ons.

·
Clean Machine!
2,219 Posts
Holy hell talk about bringing back an old thread!

·
The Metal Doctor
985 Posts
Holy hell talk about bringing back an old thread!
:funny::funny::funny:

exactly what i was thinking!!

just to add to the thread, i have a set of ventvisor inchannel and i love them. they definately look 200X better than the stick on. no wind noise, no worrying about them pealing off.

·
Clean Machine!
2,219 Posts
Yeah inchannel are def better IMO, and I have a Durango set for sale if anyone is interested. PM me.

·
The Metal Doctor
985 Posts
correct me if im wrong, but i believe that the durango and quad cab dakota use the same set.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts