Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Sonnic said:
Does anyone know how much a good window tint job would cost? I want to go kinda dark but not limo. I called a few places and was quoted $80 for the front windows at 50% tint. The other place i called would do the same for $55. He said if the back is tinted at all that is usually as dark as you can go.... Is this true??? Also is 50% the legal limit I live in Wisconsin. Im pretty sure ive had some friends that had 35% tint but im not sure. Any help is appreciated... thanks

I was quoted $130 to tint my extended cab with 5% in the back and 15% up front. But I got the hook up from a friend and scored some free tint and did it myself. You need to do it yourself it isn't as hard as everbody makes it out to be trust me. This was my first time tinting windows and it looks like a pro done it :D

· Premium Member
1,841 Posts
We have 35% here but my uncle does my inspections.

First off I got a spray bottle and poured a cap full of dish soap in and filled the rest with water. I had 2 new blades this is a must to cut the tint when you trim it not rip it. And I used my Cali. water blade that I use to dry my truck off with.

This is the most important part here. Make sure to keep your window wet! Soak it down it will be alright. place your tint on the window move it to where you want it and start to push the water out with your water blade. Trim it up and your done it's that simple. You may have some water spots still left inside but give it a couple of days and it will dry right out.

But do try and do it yourself. You'll be pissed after you do it and find out how simple it was then start thinking about what somebody else wanted to tint your windows. $130 was a lot for me that I saved doing it myself.

· Premium Member
1,841 Posts
kaui56 said:
clean your windows well before you start...no residue, lint, and absolutely no fingerprints or oils...and dont use that cheap ass walmart tint. try and go to a tint shop and see if they will sell you some...adam, that tint you got was top of the line tint...that little bit i gave you was $40 my cost...the rolls are about 3 bills each. but as you can see its worth it. it will never discolor and should never peel, unless the windows werent cleaned well.

and whem ever your ready to order I will keep my word on what I told you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.