Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some help in determining if this TB will fit on my 2000 4.7. I am looking to buy it. Here's what the seller has for the description:

MOPAR / Dodge 4.7 HO Throttle Body
Ported and Polished throttle body for the 4.7l Dodge V8 found in Dakotas and Durangos.
Improved throttle response and horsepower
True 68mm bore

Oh, this was taken off a 03.

Will this fit my 2000? Will this give me much improvement? Is this pretty much the same as getting a Fastman TB? And do i need to get the H.O. Intake manifold as well for this to work?

Sorry for the ?'s but i just want your input and to be sure before buying.
Thanks.

· Registered
42 Posts
That TB should bolt up to your 2000 without any problems. I doubt you'll see any real change in performance from it, and if there is amybe a tiny improvement, I've been under the impressions that its still not as open and free flowing as the aftermarket TB's you can find, like fastman.

· Registered
74 Posts
Find out what style connecter is on the Idle Air controller motor.

I had a buddy pull a TB off a 4.7 at his work for me, Had it ported and turned out that the idle air controller plug is different. Went to change out the little module, and it was a completely different style. This is the first I ever saw this but just a tip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.