Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
CHRGEIT
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 Dakota R/T and wanted to put a Vortech Supercharger on it. They only list one up to a 2001. I know that all the brackets are the same but are the PCM's different. Has any one done this upgrade yet? Any feed back would be a big help.

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
rock1717 said:
I have a 03 Dakota R/T and wanted to put a Vortech Supercharger on it. They only list one up to a 2001. I know that all the brackets are the same but are the PCM's different. Has any one done this upgrade yet? Any feed back would be a big help.

It should fit with no problem, if you have anymore doubts i'd call up vortech and ask, just to make sure. But the Paxton Novi2000 is a much better kit that has the ability to make more power without changing pulleys. To each their own....

·
CHRGEIT
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The deal that I'm getting on the Vortech I can't pass it up. If it wasn't for that I would look at getting the Paxton supercharger. I called Vortech and was not happy with tech help at all. It took me 10 min to get some one on the phone. I had to ask my question 20 time over. Every person I asked it to said hold on and I was transferred you someone else. :cussing: Then I think after all that I got the janitor on the phone to answer my question. :joke: They said that they haven't installed one yet. They where sure that all the brackets where the same but as for PCM not to sure if they where different or not. That is why I ask if any one knew if the PCM's where different or not and that would be my first guess as to where the difference would be the years of the trucks. Does any one of you have a VORTECH set up on any of the following year trucks 01 or 02. :help:

·
Registered
1 Posts
WicKed R/T said:
It should fit with no problem, if you have anymore doubts i'd call up vortech and ask, just to make sure. But the Paxton Novi2000 is a much better kit that has the ability to make more power without changing pulleys. To each their own....
Just wondering how does a Novi2000 give you the ability to make more power "without changing pulleys"?

·
Registered
685 Posts
WicKed R/T said:
i believe there is something in one of the tubes, that when you take it out, you can make up to 10lbs of boost.
You can make that much boost by just sticking a Mopar PCM in it (RPM's). The reducer can be removed and you can get several more pounds that way too.

The pulleys can be swapped too, I think GS Motorsports sells the crank pulley. You could also change the blower pulley too.

Barry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts