Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2000 dakota quad cab, need a passanger door.. will a door off of a 99 extended cab bolt up? Or will I need to get one from another Quad cab..

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
No.

You'll need a door from another QC or a Durango.

RC/CC doors interchange. QC/Dur front doors interchange.

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
Got a 2000 dakota quad cab, need a passanger door.. will a door off of a 99 extended cab bolt up? Or will I need to get one from another Quad cab..
front pass door or rear pass door??

if its front pass door, yes. rear pass door, no, need one from a Rango or another QC.....

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
front pass door or rear pass door??

if its front pass door, yes. rear pass door, no, need one from a Rango or another QC.....
The front doors are smaller on the quad cab so a regular cab or club cab door will not work.

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
The front doors are smaller on the quad cab so a regular cab or club cab door will not work.
interesting.... from looking at them they look the same size... (makes appt to recalibrate eyeballs)

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
interesting.... from looking at them they look the same size... (makes appt to recalibrate eyeballs)
Nope, they're shorter. Look at the b-pillar of the door, you'll see it.

Again RC/CC doors interchange, QC/Dur front doors interchange.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! I'll look for a durango door then. or QC door...
Muchly appreciated!

steve

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
Thanks guys! I'll look for a durango door then. or QC door...
Muchly appreciated!

steve
sneak across the border... outta be plenty of C4C Rangos to get a door from

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
yup. I have a quad cab and a club cab. I forget by how much, but the club cab door was several inches longer than the quad cab door, and the glass is also different!

Make sure to measure the Durango door before getting it though. I had someone send me some window felts off a Durango, because despite knowing the doors were different, I thought it was just sheetmetal that was different...I thought all the glass was the same.

they were not. the Durango glass felts were MUCH shorter than my Club cab glass. so then I thought "well, at least I have a spare set for my Quad cab" but I measured those, and they're too short even for my Quad cab doors! so be sure to measure the durango doors to your quad cab doors and MAKE SURE they are the same...cause the glass is not!

And don't forget...the rear doors flat out will NOT interchange. the durango doors have the cut out for the rear wheel well, the Dakota's have a straight door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts