Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
www.dfwdakotas.com
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to double check before i take it out of my 2000, i just had it rebuilt and i dont want a junkyard to get it, i want to swap it into my 2001 im going to be getting soon.

Will it work, i know something is different via PCMs but im not completely sure.

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
Sorry, it wont work...Its not the PCM, its the neutral safety switch on the trans. The plugs are different and theres no adapter to make it work. I went through the same thing trying to put an older trans in my '02 a couple months back.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Sorry, it wont work...Its not the PCM, its the neutral safety switch on the trans. The plugs are different and theres no adapter to make it work. I went through the same thing trying to put an older trans in my '02 a couple months back.
Even some 2001 trannys were different...Different valve bodies from the same year...But can't you just change the valvebody?

Then I suppose the wiring would be different...

:waiting:

·
www.dfwdakotas.com
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuck it im not going though all that trouble, i have pulled my tranyn before and fixed the front main seal on it, and put it back in with the truck being about 1 foot off the ground... ill never fuck with it again, unless i have a lift. I hate transmissions...

Ill just go back down to the place i had this one built and have them rebuild it. Hopefully ill have that covered with my tax return. No way in hell im driving another sloppy ass 46re. I went 2 years with a shity ass one... i cant go back.

The more i think about my truck burning the more it fucking sucks i had SO MUCH GOD DAMN work into it.. and now i have to start alllll over...

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Fuck it im not going though all that trouble, i have pulled my tranyn before and fixed the front main seal on it, and put it back in with the truck being about 1 foot off the ground... ill never fuck with it again, unless i have a lift. I hate transmissions...

Ill just go back down to the place i had this one built and have them rebuild it. Hopefully ill have that covered with my tax return. No way in hell im driving another sloppy ass 46re. I went 2 years with a shity ass one... i cant go back.

The more i think about my truck burning the more it fucking sucks i had SO MUCH GOD DAMN work into it.. and now i have to start alllll over...
I hear ya on the tranny swap issues...Especialy with a 46RE.

I pull it out with the motor, hate working under the truck.

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts

i know exactly how u feel besides the burnign part. if i hadnt crashed id still have money and more mods done and i wouldnt have had to deal with my trans going....yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts