Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Friday on way home the when accelerating, from a complete stop i was hearing a popping sound. then nothing and ran fine. Today the wife is taking the durango and she says when she is accelerating from any speed it feels like the rear end is going to fall apart. Serious shaking and noise. So she limped it home. Its now 8:45 and 30 degrees outside, so i am just looking for any ideas i should check tomorrow when i have a chance.

2005 Dodge Durango
4.7L
4wheel drive.
82,000 miles
only code on CEL P0406 EGR Position Sensor Volts Too High EGR position sensor input above the acceptable voltage range.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The popping noise i experienced on friday was not a back fire, more of a metallic sound. I was thinking more of a front axle but she swears its the rear.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Check the CV joint at the t-case end of the front driveshaft.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
I didn't say backfiring, I said MISfiring.

Again, any check engine lights?

If it were driveline related, I'd suspect a repeatable issue that doesn't let up but slowly gets worse.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So i got a chance to drive it down the street today and slowly accelerating, no problems. When quickly accelerating (not racing) sounds likes a serious binding issue between two metals. About to crawl under the truck now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All the U-joints "look" good. Cant get this on a lift until tomorrow. Removed the fill plug from the rear end and its full but looks like air or water is mixed in with it. All "bubbly" Then i looked up and saw all the fluid in this picture on the driver side of the rear end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts