Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I bleev u have mai staplr
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i hammer on it from a slow start, it revs to 5,500RPM before shifting to second!!, but then shifting second to 3rd it shifts before 3,500RPM??!! It does this everytime in this scenario. I always end up letting off the throttle cuz im afraid of over-revving. Whats the deal??

·
Old SchooL'!
3,065 Posts
mine does something similar on some occasions & way different on others if someone knows anything about this :help: ..sometimes my truck between 1st & 2nd, & sometimes 2nd & 3rd it will hit the rev limiter because It's like it forgot to shift?!?!?! but It seems like it only happens when the engine/tranny get warm...I lift just a little & goes right into gear the stealership said they couldn't duplicate it... they aren't getting on it like I sometimes will they told me to make it do it again & then go & get one of them to ride with me & duplicate the problem :huh:...Infact I'm going right now to see what they say :drive:

·
Registered
504 Posts
I would check the fluid level and the condition of the fluid. When was the last time you changed the tranny fluid and filter?

N

·
0 Posts
I have the same problem on my truck, with only 35k miles...I know a few guys at Hughes performance transmissions and after talking to them and searching the IATN archives I have found that the Governer presure transducer and presure sensor are common failures, today I drove the truck around with the scanner on it and noticed that the desired governer presure and the actual presure are rarely close, I will be replacing both the sensor and the transducer in the next month along with installing a JR. shift improver kit, also this trans has been serviced every 15k miles and has only had ATF+4...

·
Old SchooL'!
3,065 Posts
MoparDrvnFiremn said:
mine does something similar on some occasions & way different on others if someone knows anything about this :help: ..sometimes my truck between 1st & 2nd, & sometimes 2nd & 3rd it will hit the rev limiter because It's like it forgot to shift?!?!?! but It seems like it only happens when the engine/tranny get warm...I lift just a little & goes right into gear the stealership said they couldn't duplicate it... they aren't getting on it like I sometimes will they told me to make it do it again & then go & get one of them to ride with me & duplicate the problem :huh:...Infact I'm going right now to see what they say :drive:
okay I just got my truck back from the dealership she stayed overnight :( :smokin: :smokin: as far as the tranny goes they made adjustments on my transmission cable but... In bringing it in the mechanic heard noises from my rearend ...seems the clips on the anti slip shiered off... causing some grindage!!! damn!! glad I brought her in.. so I now have completly new guts in my RE!! damn I love my 7/70k warranty!!! :banana2: :banana2: :banana2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts