Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1700 + 1/4 mile passes
27,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For wideband guages that come with o2 sensors, do you have to use those for the guage or can you just tap into one of the stock o2 sensors. If you have to use the sensor that come with the guage should it go behind or in front of the cat's and on which side. or does that matter

·
I know nothing
1,247 Posts
For wideband guages that come with o2 sensors, do you have to use those for the guage or can you just tap into one of the stock o2 sensors. If you have to use the sensor that come with the guage should it go behind or in front of the cat's and on which side. or does that matter
It should go in the ypipe, where both pipes come together, and you would need to use the sensor that comes with the gauge, as the factory gauges are 0-1volt narrow-band sensors, and i believe wideband's are 0-5v sensors, if you hook it up to the stock sensors, it will just go from one extreme to the other constantly, wont actually give you a good reading

·
Banned
9,045 Posts
if you want one i may be selling my dynojet wideband commander....original version, not the new wideband 2)....only reason is a buddy let me borrow his LM2 and i really like it...i need something that can log more than what the commander can. just let me know.

·
1700 + 1/4 mile passes
27,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you want one i may be selling my dynojet wideband commander....original version, not the new wideband 2)....only reason is a buddy let me borrow his LM2 and i really like it...i need something that can log more than what the commander can. just let me know.
Do you have a link or pics of exactly of what you have

·
Banned
9,045 Posts
Do you have a link or pics of exactly of what you have
this is the one i have, but with a black non digital gauge....the software (laptop needed) will log A/F, rpm and i believe 2 other 0-5v sensors.

http://www.widebandcommander.com/

with my "custom" build and the constant back and forth of good days and bad, i need a more complicated type of diagnostic logger.

·
Banned
9,045 Posts
Would there be anything worng with running a wideband like this cause from what I read about it, it has a playback mode in it. plus its a lot cheaper
http://www.jegs.com/i/Auto-Meter/105/6178/10002/-1?parentProductId=760201
to be honest...the innovate lc-1 is suppose to be the best. IMO playback is cool, but i didnt see anywhere for actual logging...so i honestly dont think it will work well for tuning

i mean i have some pc software that can log several different parameters, you would just need the obd2 connection piece.

·
99 Durango 5.9 part out
1,252 Posts
to be honest...the innovate lc-1 is suppose to be the best. IMO playback is cool, but i didnt see anywhere for actual logging...so i honestly dont think it will work well for tuning

i mean i have some pc software that can log several different parameters, you would just need the obd2 connection piece.
The LC1 is the most affordable, I thought we needed more like the LM1 or LM2?

·
Registered
386 Posts

I agree except I don't have any experience with the LC-1, but about the part of needing the abillity to datalog to a laptop. The playback feature is pretty much worthless on the gauge if you don't know what rpm you are at. If you are just looking for a gauge to monitor A/F while driving, the Autometer will be fine, but if you have any need to tune via datalogging, I don't think the Autometer will work very well at it. I have this setup http://www.zeitronix.com/order/order.htm with the black face round gauge, and it does not look out of place compared to me Autometer Cobalt boost gauge, but you will need a laptop to datalog. However, you would need one anyway to send datalogs to your tuner for adjustments. The Zeitronix has alot of inputs too. I have A/F reading, RPM signal, TPS signal, and have my MAP wired to one of the 0-5V sources for logging. Hemifever told me all of those should be good for him to tune my truck, and are pretty much needed to get a good tune.

BTW, for all the stuff I got, it was just shy of $400, which is a little more than the Autometer gauges, but it does so much more for the money.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
For others who end up in this thread:

If you have dual exhaust and have to pick a downpipe to put the wideband sensor in, choose the one whose bank has the most positive fuel trim on an obdII scanner. This is the leaner bank (barring narrowband issues) on my truck it's the driver's side.

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
Wait so do they run at the same voltage?
What do you mean?? You aren't going to replace one of your stock sensors with the wideband, you are going to put another O2 bung in your exhaust and the only thing the wideband sensor will be hooked to is your wideband gauge.

·
99 Durango 5.9 part out
1,252 Posts
What do you mean?? You aren't going to replace one of your stock sensors with the wideband, you are going to put another O2 bung in your exhaust and the only thing the wideband sensor will be hooked to is your wideband gauge.
I'm curious about running wires on this. Do you guys keep them in the truck or just add in when needed? Through the firewall? I know the bung can be plugged, but it might make sense just to make this semi permanent. I'm thinking I can make the lm2 and sct a permanent home in the center console.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Some wideband setups have the ability to convert its reading to a narrowband signal so that you can replace your stock O2 with a wideband O2 if it has the ability to do this like mine does.

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
I'm curious about running wires on this. Do you guys keep them in the truck or just add in when needed? Through the firewall? I know the bung can be plugged, but it might make sense just to make this semi permanent. I'm thinking I can make the lm2 and sct a permanent home in the center console.
I keep mine in all the time with the gauge in a two gauge pillar pod. Nice to be able to monitor it in real time all the time, that way if you start having problems, it's a quick look at the gauge instead of having to climb under the truck install the sensor and route the wires just to see what's going on. I also have an OBD2 scanning program on my laptop that I can data log with. Well, I can data log everything but my wideband for right now. I have the AEM UEGO wideband. It has an output for data logging, but my software I use doesn't accept external inputs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts