Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
33" tires + 6 lift = Fun
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok ok , so this may be a little retarded to some.. but i had to post this.

since i've had my truck the only 'races" i've gotten in were with ricers, a few other trucks but mainly the infamous "ricer". ... oh and one stupid ass pruis.

since i've had my truck i've had a few hondas(easy) a prius..(only went against him because i couldn't resist ... too funny.) a MAJOR riced out celica.. he couldn't shift at all or he may have had me on a dig (motor sounded modified but guy couldn't shift at all). and even a riced out S10.. which was hillarious when i beat him.

but tonight.. tonight was too funny.

nissan 280sx.

nothing done to it.. just dipshit driver.

out here there is a section of hwy at a red light where right after the light the far right lane has to merge. well like always the smart drivers just merge before the light. this kid.. maybe 16-17 pulls up next to me in that lane, i've got my beats blarin(ya i'm THAT Ahole sometimes) and i happen to look over, he sees me looking and starts to inch forward anticipating the light. i think to myself "oh hell no, he thinks he can get the jump on me" (btw my truck has some nice torq with the few things i've done to it, so i tend to like to play.. i grew up with racers) so i drop it into 1st (i have an auto btw) the light goes green and i take off.. not even going full into it (incase he doesn't take off) well he gives it all he has and i follow suit, shifting up as it starts to go high rev. all i simple did was floor it and keep up with shifting up to D (better torq in those low gears) and he falls back.

i understand he's a v6 and i'm a v8 but i have like 3 times the wieght. i just don't get what it is about these kids that they fail to understand a v8 just has immense power... now i'm not saying this is always the case.. yes a good driver, in a decently built car can always suprise but i'm tired of ricers always trying to race me. i mean it's funny.. but still

does anyone else has this happen to them? just wondering. only thing i can think of is when they hear my loud exhaust they think it automatically means i'm out to race. lol

·
Stock Lookin'
3,040 Posts
and even a edited* riced out S10.. which was hillarious when i beat him.
:banstick: lol. watch out. i just read that race thread. don't want you getting into no trouble.

But I've had this happen on many occasions. It's stupid. The last one I encountered was a Nissan Z31 with a single turbo VG30ET. Either his car is super slow, or he wasn't putting the pedal down. But this wasn't at a light, he was tailgating me and decided to pass and that's when I just went for it. He caught up with me at the light and that's when we went again. Blew a kiss to his girlfriend as I flew by. Silly people.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm usually the guy in the right lane, but then again I don't drive weak cars that won't get out in front.:drive:

I love picking on the ricers.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Same here

I'm the guy in the right lane usually. If you've been a little too liesurely taking off from the last couple lights or are Sunday driving (concentrating more on cranking the beats than on driving with purpose) and I see the lanes merging, I don't want to continue to be stuck behind you for the next several lights on a one lane. If your system and music is especially obnoxious and it's keeping me from enjoying my more SQ oriented system I will try extra hard not to stay near you and be exposed to the rhythm-less ground-shaking booming coming from your vehicle.

Of course maybe a good half the time the person can't just take off like they have been for the last 5 lights and let me go. It suddenly becomes a 'race' and even though they were doing 5 under and taking off like a slug 30 seconds ago they suddenly want to play fast and the furious and block me out just to stroke their own ego. Meanwhile all I wanted was to to not be behind them anymore.

Occasionally people used to glance over, catch on and develop a sudden interest in being speed racer when I had my Quad Cab Dakota. I always won but sometimes it was a struggle what with heft of the truck and the shortage of low end torque so I had to wind her out a bit. Now with my Tundra Crewmax if you're not a sports sedan or something else that can consistently hit 60 in under 6.5, you're not keeping me from getting over. I will let my tranny shift itself and I may not even see over 3500 rpm the whole time.

I also learned not to telegraph my plans so much. Usually if I stay still til the light turns green or even stop a few feet back from where the other person is that 'alpha male' instinct isn't triggered and I can easily move in front while they roll off at their snail's pace. And if someone else wants to do this to me so badly I have learned to just let them if they have somewhere they need to be that quickly. But if they go to all that trouble I better not start seeing them slow down.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Haha this just happened to me the other night, was driving on one of our highways (65mph speed limit) and was just sitting at a light the light turned green, the guy next to me in a mid 90's Eclipse (probably a 4 banger) thought he'd try and show off to his gf I guess, and tried to take off like a bat outta hell. So I went to about 1/2 gas and slowly went by him as him and his girl were both looking over I smiled and waved then mashed the gas and took off. The best part, this all happened before we even reached the speed limit LOL.

·
Registered
429 Posts
A few years ago I was driving my old rust bucket around. A dude in a BMW pulled up next to me and made it a point to get my attention so he could point and laugh. He would not even look at me at the next light. Guess he never raced a Road Runner with a 440 and a 4-speed.

·
elpoepdiputskcuf
2,493 Posts
^that dude musta been a lil slow as well, not just his car..LOL

im also usually in the right lane. its fun stuffin assholes in their spot. sometimes ill get in front then slow down more than they were origanly. it all depends on how much of a dick the person was. 9 out 10 i just want to be in front. its an issue i have, it not their fault...LOL

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
I'm the guy in the right lane usually. If you've been a little too liesurely taking off from the last couple lights or are Sunday driving (concentrating more on cranking the beats than on driving with purpose) and I see the lanes merging, I don't want to continue to be stuck behind you for the next several lights on a one lane. If your system and music is especially obnoxious and it's keeping me from enjoying my more SQ oriented system I will try extra hard not to stay near you and be exposed to the rhythm-less ground-shaking booming coming from your vehicle.

Of course maybe a good half the time the person can't just take off like they have been for the last 5 lights and let me go. It suddenly becomes a 'race' and even though they were doing 5 under and taking off like a slug 30 seconds ago they suddenly want to play fast and the furious and block me out just to stroke their own ego. Meanwhile all I wanted was to to not be behind them anymore.

Occasionally people used to glance over, catch on and develop a sudden interest in being speed racer when I had my Quad Cab Dakota. I always won but sometimes it was a struggle what with heft of the truck and the shortage of low end torque so I had to wind her out a bit. Now with my Tundra Crewmax if you're not a sports sedan or something else that can consistently hit 60 in under 6.5, you're not keeping me from getting over. I will let my tranny shift itself I may not even see over 3500 rpm the whole time.

I also learned not to telegraph my plans so much. Usually if I stay still til the light turns green or even stop a few feet back from where the other person is that 'alpha male' instinct isn't triggered and I can easily move in front while they roll off at their snail's pace. And if someone else wants to do this to me so badly I have learned to just let them if they have somewhere they need to be that quickly. But if they go to all that trouble I better not start seeing them slow down.
reminds me of a situation about a year ago. a girl decided to race me and not let me in front of her before the lanes merged. she was 2 or 3 car lenghts in front of me before I decided I wanted to be in front of her, as we both came in from different directions, not a "drag race" from a stop light.

finally, at about 65 mph, I decide, well, maybe I don't need to be in front of her.

road drops to 1 lane, and fuck me she slows down to 45 in a 55. so, I did what any other calm, self respecting young man would do. I tail gated her ass for the next 5 miles.

Apparently I had her pretty scared, because she decided to turn left to get away from me. poor girl happened to pick the same road that I was going to turn left down, as I was going home.

so I continued to tail gate her.

then she turned right, and went down MY road...which is a dead end street. my first thought was "great, I was just a major dick to one of my neighbors, and now they're not going to be nice neighbors" --I was new to the street and had just moved in maybe a month or 2 before, and hadn't learned what all the neighbors drive yet.

My house is at the end of the dead end street.

she just kept driving, and going, all the way to the end, and I kept following her.

she got down to the culdesac and turned around, which is right when I pulled into my driveway and on up to the house.

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
reminds me of a situation about a year ago. a girl decided to race me and not let me in front of her before the lanes merged. she was 2 or 3 car lenghts in front of me before I decided I wanted to be in front of her, as we both came in from different directions, not a "drag race" from a stop light.

finally, at about 65 mph, I decide, well, maybe I don't need to be in front of her.

road drops to 1 lane, and fuck me she slows down to 45 in a 55. so, I did what any other calm, self respecting young man would do. I tail gated her ass for the next 5 miles.

Apparently I had her pretty scared, because she decided to turn left to get away from me. poor girl happened to pick the same road that I was going to turn left down, as I was going home.

so I continued to tail gate her.

then she turned right, and went down MY road...which is a dead end street. my first thought was "great, I was just a major dick to one of my neighbors, and now they're not going to be nice neighbors" --I was new to the street and had just moved in maybe a month or 2 before, and hadn't learned what all the neighbors drive yet.

My house is at the end of the dead end street.

she just kept driving, and going, all the way to the end, and I kept following her.

she got down to the culdesac and turned around, which is right when I pulled into my driveway and on up to the house.

fuckin hate that shit! lol

·
MOPAR or NOCAR
60 Posts
Ya I had a guy in a ricer challenge me once. I was going home at like 11 at night through town at 40mph going by people, not really fast though. I start go by this one guy in some honda and he puts it down so I put it down and I blow by him then he falls back about a hundred yards think its over then about a half minute later he steps on it again and I didnt realize he was coming up on me till he was like 3 car links behind. I punched it he pulled ahead about a full car link when I start to take him again at this time were doing about 75mph. Needless to say he didnt try again!

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
I get that a lot at the racetrack, especially if I haven't been out there for awhile. The ricers will almost fight each other to line up next to my truck, because they assume that it's something they can beat. After I spank a couple of them by 6-8 seconds, then people will come over and tell the guy sitting next to me that he's about to get his ass stomped and they'll quietly slink away into another line.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've had this happen to me before also. Some jackass in a car, with a fart can, that looked like a 240SX or 280SX or something else in that same era that looked the same, with, what sounded like a turbo (I made a thread about it awhile ago.) Anyways, the road I was on goes from 1 lane, to 2 lanes, back to 1 lane for about a 1.5-2 miles, then back to 2 lanes. The speed limit was 35 and he was doing that, so at this point I was content being behind him. Needless to say, when the road turned into the 1 lane for the second time, he was going 25 the entire time, when the limit was 35. We get to the second 2 lane road and I get into the left lane to pass him, he speeds up so I can'y pass him. We get to a red light and I really was not going to try to pass him by flooring it right off the bat, so I just kinda eased onto the throttle. I hear this annoying fly by my ear and I look over and it's coming from this car. So I punch it, and start to slowly pull away from him, and when I hear him shift, I hear the sound of a turbo, or the BOV. Considering this story is already getting to long, I got him by about 2 lengths, and I know for a fact, my car is really not fast at all haha.

Also, walked a late 90's F150. He was weaving in and out of traffic and he got in front of me, so I went half throttle and we are still picking up speed, but it sounds like he has his truck floored. Dude had an exhaust upgrade from what I could hear. We get past this car in the right lane, i get over, still only going half, then I decide to floor it. Blew right by him, and it still sounded like he had his truck just pegged to the floor.

End thread jack haha.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I get that a lot at the racetrack, especially if I haven't been out there for awhile. The ricers will almost fight each other to line up next to my truck, because they assume that it's something they can beat. After I spank a couple of them by 6-8 seconds, then people will come over and tell the guy sitting next to me that he's about to get his ass stomped and they'll quietly slink away into another line.

This happens to me all the time to at the track on the test and tune nights. Albeit I'm not nearly as fast as you but I still manage to whip up on pretty much all of them besides seriously modded ones. Get a kick out of it though when they all come over and ask if I want to race them next. Had one guy in a civic (lol, I know a civic) with a fart can ask if he could race me and take a vid of it. I laughed and said yeah and went on and destroyed him down the track. I don't think that's what he wanted a vid of :funny:.

·
99 Durango 5.9 part out
1,252 Posts
track=good
road=wreckless driving can be alsmost as bad as a DUI.

That said, I'm the guy in the right lane, my trucks broke, but my wifes 09 focus ses stock - not riced has never left me behind when I'm trying to pass. I've never actually raced any one in it.

Back when I was in highschool my dad's 76 suburban w/ a 454 and 800cfm 4barrel was alot of fun to race on dirt roads.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Everytime I go to the track for TnT, all of the 'ricers' jump in line to race me. I am also not as fast as your truck (My best 14.67 in 1/4). I beat most of them, but any of the serious modders hand me my ass. I got a few upgrades about to go on so we will see how this year goes.

As for the OP, this happens to me at almost every light in my Dodge Ram SS/T (black w/ silver stripes) but if in my Dak (Flame Paint Job) almost no one tries to race me except Corvettes, Shelby Mustang, Camero SS. Maybe the flame paint job scares the ricers off, I don't get it.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Not many ricers try to race me......

But I do agree about when you try to pass someone who's been going slow and they speed up WTF? You're going 10 under the limit and all of a sudden you have to go 10 over so I don't pass you????

And I wouldn't dare go to the dragstrip in my Durango..... I wouldn't want to see the slow time I'd get...... Of course I have seen Chevy Tahoes go out there and run like 20's haha so I shouldn't be too embarased. Still I think I'll stick with the dirt roads.

·
33" tires + 6 lift = Fun
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol i normally don't blast my music in crowded areas or stop lights, but well.. if the song is good and i'v e had a long day i just don't care lol. i'm normally the guy in the right lane too.. but that night i was the first on up to the light, so any lane would have worked. lol, i really want to throw a procharger on my D and then go find some hotspots, i can see it now. me with a offroad directed truck, hitting the strips and beatin (most) the cars out there. back home (kc, mo) that shit happened all the time, you either had a truck, ricer, stang, or camaro. or you were form outta town. lol. i just love how alot of these guys with a loud exhuast think they are hot shit. "man i got more airflow with this setup that's like 75hp on my 2k lb car!!!" when it's more like "um dude it's a 4 banger.. maybe 1.5 more hp ad in your wing.. takes out about 10 hp due to drag.. good job dumbass"

lol glad to see i'm not the only one here.

·
33" tires + 6 lift = Fun
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Everytime I go to the track for TnT, all of the 'ricers' jump in line to race me. I am also not as fast as your truck (My best 14.67 in 1/4). I beat most of them, but any of the serious modders hand me my ass. I got a few upgrades about to go on so we will see how this year goes.

As for the OP, this happens to me at almost every light in my Dodge Ram SS/T (black w/ silver stripes) but if in my Dak (Flame Paint Job) almost no one tries to race me except Corvettes, Shelby Mustang, Camero SS. Maybe the flame paint job scares the ricers off, I don't get it.
they think they are gonna catch on fires :huh:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts