Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ran my standard cab R/T about a month ago and i have k&n intake, flowmaster cat back exhaust and a jet chip. i ran with my tonnou cover, tailgate and full size spair. i also have 3 12 inch subs, 3 amps and a huge ass box that i cant take out, i ran a consistent 15.2. i just ran again last night but i took off my tonnou cover, tailgate and spare i also added a 180 degree tstat. i ran a 15.5. the only thing i can think of is the first time i ran with premium and this time i was on regular.

·
Registered
504 Posts
RTDAKOTA59 said:
i ran my standard cab R/T about a month ago and i have k&n intake, flowmaster cat back exhaust and a jet chip. i ran with my tonnou cover, tailgate and full size spair. i also have 3 12 inch subs, 3 amps and a huge ass box that i cant take out, i ran a consistent 15.2. i just ran again last night but i took off my tonnou cover, tailgate and spare i also added a 180 degree tstat. i ran a 15.5. the only thing i can think of is the first time i ran with premium and this time i was on regular.

Removing the bed cover and tailgate is a bad thing. (Creates more drag) Removing the spare is good. (Less Weight) Premium fuel generates more horsepower. :nono:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slower times

Hey your only dealing with 3 tenths of a second, you may contribute that to your reaction time. Were they close or off a little say.....3 tenth's of a second? Just a thought. Kevin :smokin:

·
Registered
167 Posts
some of you guys crack me up...

For one thing premium fuel will make no more horsepower in his r/t than regular grade fuel.

Secondly reaction time has no effect on his ET.

Removing the bed lid and spare ligtens up the rear end and may cause traction issues. What are the 60ft times of each run? As said above weather conditions can cause a 3 tenth change as well. What was the temp and humidity of each run? Some tracks print that onto your time slip.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
although he does have a jet chip and if it advanced his timing running regular unleaded can have a major difference that running premium like the chip intended. But yes in regular cars premium and regular make no difference.

·
Registered
167 Posts
BadBoy1404 said:
although he does have a jet chip and if it advanced his timing running regular unleaded can have a major difference that running premium like the chip intended. But yes in regular cars premium and regular make no difference.
The jet chip for one thing is crap. It alters the iat and tps signals along with a few other tweaks. if it doesnt ping on 87...going to a higher octane gas will not show any improvements. Run the jet chip with 87...then with 93. You will see no performance difference.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i have already taken out the jet chip and now i am gettin the mopar performance pcm so i will need the 93 octane

·
Registered
789 Posts
kmstanley said:
Hey your only dealing with 3 tenths of a second, you may contribute that to your reaction time. Were they close or off a little say.....3 tenth's of a second? Just a thought. Kevin :smokin:
Reaction time has no effect on times. The E/T doesnt begin until you start moving anyway.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what mph did you run? that's almost as important as your ET.

-miggity

1 - 13 of 13 Posts