Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
still gotta run electric out to the building, but that'll be this summer

Finally got the shelves built, a work bench built, but still have to put a floor above the shelves for additional storage--gotta put the high ceilings to use!

Also still need to unpack the boxes and get some stuff organized...but at least its now more "useable"

·
My horns hold up my halo!
5,992 Posts
kick ass barn man! i need something like that sitting on my property!

whats that cuda got in it? 383, 340, or BB? and its a late 60's right? (68-69)

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Very nice! Nothing like a nice sized shop to work in.

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn, that would be nice to have. Can I keep my truck in there during the winter to free up my garage some? ;)
your truck would look good parked next to mine, no doubt! but my father in law gave us some cash to help fund the project, so the wife told him he can park 2 vehicles in there, thus his green ford pick-up, and once he buys a Harley, his 69 Mach 1 will be going in there too. there won't be room for another vehicle!

tell ya what though...bring your truck over, we'll park it inside, and then I'll take my truck over to your buddy that painted yours. your "rental fee" for parking in my garage will be to get my truck repainted!--no body work, just a scuff and spray...I'm starting to get the dreaded clear coat peel on my roof!

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kick ass barn man! i need something like that sitting on my property!

whats that cuda got in it? 383, 340, or BB? and its a late 60's right? (68-69)

it's a 70. that's the first year for this body style. the earlier ones were the smaller A-bodies (dodge dart sized cars)

it's a factory 383 car, (hence my screen name!:funny:)

but I'll probably be putting a stroked 440 in it during the resto--about half the "mopar people" can't identify a 383 block from a 440 block anyway, they can only identify it as a big block because the distributor is up front, and there's a snowballs chance in hell that a chevy or ford guy would be able to identify the 383 vs 440...so drop in a 499" stroked 440 making 550-600 hp, paint it factory "non-performance" blue, slap a 383 2bbl pie pan on top of the air cleaner and tell everyone it's an original, low compression 2bbl 383 with a carb/intake swap.:drive:

·
Super Moderator
79,419 Posts
So lucky. I would love to have something like that. Add a nice chair, tv and fridge and I'd probably spend all my time out there and not in the house. Looks great. Enjoy it man.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Looks real good!! Alot cleaner then when i stopped by!!

·
Hunting Is Life!!
16,662 Posts
Real nice

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what is that 14ft centers?
the building is 30x40, 10' centers, 30' roof trusses the bottoms of the trusses are at 12' off the concrete floor, so if I put a flat ceiling in, it would be 12' if I leave it open, I think I'm at around 15-16' tall at the peak of the roof...I can't remember now if it was a 3/12 pitch or a 4/12! concrete is 4" thick slab with steel mesh AND fiberglass in the concrete.

without the shelves or any other equipment in there, yea, it COULD hold 6 vehicles...but you won't have room for tools, equipment or to work on anything. just park them.

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks real good!! Alot cleaner then when i stopped by!!
yea, I know! I'm thinking you stopped by right after I just threw everything in there.

I still have some organizing to do, as well as build the floor/loft over top of the shelves. (if you look in the pic, you'll see a 4x4 post as one of the vertical supports for the shelves, and it's sticking up about 3' higher than the top shelf)

I've got crap in boxes that I haven't seen in over a year, last time I saw it was before I moved to this house!

And my Cuda is full of parts--seats, valence, bumpers, boxes of engine bay stuff--alternator, water pump, PS pump, etc. interor panels, glass, etc.

it'll be nice to get it unloaded and feel like I can get back to work on it!

18,185 Posts
the building is 30x40, 10' centers, 30' roof trusses the bottoms of the trusses are at 12' off the concrete floor, so if I put a flat ceiling in, it would be 12' if I leave it open, I think I'm at around 15-16' tall at the peak of the roof...I can't remember now if it was a 3/12 pitch or a 4/12! concrete is 4" thick slab with steel mesh AND fiberglass in the concrete.

without the shelves or any other equipment in there, yea, it COULD hold 6 vehicles...but you won't have room for tools, equipment or to work on anything. just park them.
no offence but I hope your not in there when it falls down

1 - 20 of 32 Posts