Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've designed a box to house 2 10" L7 subs behind my back seat. Once it's finished I plan to start building them (without holes) for other 10s with a max 6.75" depth. I may just make a fiberglass mold to lighten them, but I'll probably build them with a skeleton like mine. Anyone interested?

·
Trailer Trash
474 Posts
no teasing.... i thought u had pics up already!!!!!!

I'd be interested..... when i had the thunderform box with one 10 behind my rear drivers seat, the problem i ran into was when the bass hit, the cone would actually hit the back of the seat, eventually ruining it. Honestly id love to get the 2 15"s outta my backseat but i dont see any viable option to do so and keep the same level of music in there.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:jester: Sorry about the tease. :biggthump I'll be sure to post pics as soon as I'm done with it. Only problem is I can only get a 6.75" depth and the recessed areas for the subs are only big enough for 10" subs. I'm going to make patterns of all the pieces so future ones will be much faster to make.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure BlackDak will be happy to see the results as soon as I can post them.
A few other QC owners as well. But really, What was DC thinking when they designed this thing?

·
Jay
2,891 Posts
i know i should be the last one asking you for progress on your box (i have been making a center console for 5 months and only 2 weeks of work went in it so far), r u still making this, i am very intrested.

Oh ya by the way we love pics around here.
:needpix:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Any progess pics yet?? Which seat does this mount behind?? I am having withdrawals here.... :drool: I have gone from 4 12's in an s10 x-cab to stock and can't take it anymore!!!! :cussing: Need a fix

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'll just stick with my one JL audio 10 in my quad....thumps PLENTY hard. Just gotta feed it lots of nice clean power. I am not sure I can pass a hearing test right now though :mullet:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.