Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
with my truck being white, the large patch of grey primer hanging out on my fender looks like shit. it's doing it on the passenger side bed rail also but i just cleaned it real good and hit it with some white rattle can paint and nobody can tell. but this patch on my front fender is HUGE and although i can rattle it, its gonna be noticeable. i'm about to move across country to Norfolk, Va next week so once i get there i think im gonna hit up a body shop and get it repainted. any ideas on cost of having out trucks repainted/stripped?
I got an estimate for my truck last month. I only have a few small dents to repair and am re-painting the truck the same color and the estimate is 5k. One of the better shops in town though.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I firmly believe though that body work is the best example of getting what you pay for. That is why I have waited so long to paint mine. If I am gonna do it I am gonna do it right. From experience stay far away from macco and earl shives. My first truck looked worse after paint than before.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Everyday I look at mine I get a little more angry :jester: ... My question though (and it may have been answered before) is why does the clear on all Dakota's flake or fade horribly? I mean, shouldn't they have the "recipe" for the paint and clear down to a science by now? Every other company does.

Not trying to thread jack too much, sorry man lol.

After a while it starts to spread like wildfire though :tdown:

$5000 seems a little high though. If you love your truck and don't plan on selling or trading in then it may be worth it to you... But it's just a Dakota. $5000 is probably half of the trucks total value. Just something to think about. I'm on the fence about doing mine as well.
Just a Dakota!:rant: Oh no dude. If I was worried at all about the money I would have parted with it years ago. I love my truck! As in bury me in the bitch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.