Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to hear about it I'm saving for one right now. I asking about the 4.7 only thanks.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well you will be able to check and clear any trouble codes that come up and adjust for tire size. I raised the top speed limiter but haven't had time to check that feature out yet. I installed the performance tuning that requires 91+ octane and it seems a little more responsive than the Jet Chip Stage 1 I had. The 1-2 shift at WOT is definitely more responsive. I haven't tried any of the other settings yet though. Only had to wait another month to get the right one. The first one the distributor sent out did not contain the new software to program the 4.7 :rant:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool so do you think it was worth it. I know I already like it just because of the tire ajust part. Mine cuts out at 86 mph because of my smaller tires. thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you have the 4.7 and it cuts out at 87, you are not truely using this truck to it's full potential. Get the programmer, adjust the power, and feel the horses. I was on the 91 octane program and it blew me away. Even in a 4X4, I was amazing myself and any passengers who dared to ride.

Despite the long wait and the problems with sending back the programmer, it is one of my favorite mods for this truck.

On a side note, the rising gas prices have caused me to drop the programmer down to the 87 octane performance program and there is a difference between the two. I feel like I have cut the balls off of my truck, but I hope this is only temporary.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Question....Your ECU will not loose the Superchip programming if the battery is disconnected will it? I had the 91+ power program installed before it went to the shop for the 180* thermostat. I know they did not re-flash the ECU but it does not feel the same. Does the computer now have to adapt to the new thermostat before I get my full power back? What gives? Anybody have any input on this? We race motorcycles and we use a power commander to program them. If the battery is disconnected it still does not lose whatever program is installed. But then again that is a piggy-back style controller.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well it definitely will raise the speedo. Mine use to shut down around 114, but last night I ran it up to a little over 120 before I backed out :banana2:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great I'm going to The truckin' sport truck nats this weekend. So I'd love to have it for the drive. I ordered it yesterday and it will be here on Friday. just in time I hope.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
It's the best dollar for dollar mod I've bought. It cleaned up the rev, it increased my rev limiter, it increased my speed limiter from 117 to umm... can't get there speed!... it's past 120 thats for sure... the highest speed I've gotten up to has been 135,... my friend was driving next to me... he has a speedometer up to 140.

I went from a 15.90 to a 15.01 in the quarter mile with that, and a TB.

Paul

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please stop i'm getting too excited. I can't wait to get off work tommorrow get home and hook it up. I got a 3 1/2 hour drive to AZ. sat morning. My poor truck has never been to 90 mph before. that limiter has been holding all of my mods back. well see!

·
Registered
557 Posts
I know gas is expensive right now, but put some 91+ in and use the performance program :drive:. Enjoy

·
Registered
103 Posts
Don't forget to get a neck brace for your trip. The shifts after the program install are TIGHT and will throw you a bit if you don't expect them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the programer and it's great. I have done several things to my truck and honestly couldn't tell I did them, but this programer I sure did. The funnyest thing is I have not even tried the performance setting. Because of the long drive, I wanted to concerve gas. I went at 10:30 pm and arrived at 1 am. 2 1/2 hours, but good hours. My truck thats never seen 90 mph went up to 115mph, but only for a few seconds (I got scared) then I slowed down. this week some time I'll put the good gas in and change to performance.

·
Registered
103 Posts
told 'ya so.

When you decide to fork over the $$ for gas, keep the performance 91-93 octane setting for at least 2 tanks of gas and y ou wil see the most noticeable change.

This truck and that program are super-complimented by the high octane. I recently switched back to regular and my truck no longer has the balls that it had.

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
Sup guys i am lookin for a superchip for my 2001 dakota 4.7 i call around and noone has it for my truck where did yall git it from????

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
557 Posts
I found mine at Exotictruck 305-593-9996. They are located in Miami, FL. If I remember correctly the price was 309.00 shipped.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe I could send mine back and order from where you got yours.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts