Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found a good deal on a screen, and I already have an extra XBOX. I figure I could get an inverter and install it for my son. Has anyone done this is a QC? I'd love to see pics, or hear about any hiccups encountered during installation. Is the screen installation something I could realistically attempt myself?

Also, where on earth could I put an XBOX in a QC? There isn't much spare room for something like that.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't bought it yet, I was just searching online and found a local shop that was advertising it. You are probably right about the quality, though.

·
Registered
872 Posts
What brand is it?

But something to remember in the mobile electronics world if it’s cheap you could end up getting what you paid for.

But you never know the company may be trying to get rid of some stock.

·
Registered
872 Posts
When you buy a TV you want it to say tft.

Reason why it could be so cheap
5.6 in TV
Could be refurbished in a new box

Clarion usually makes a decent product but I personally like looking at the person who I give my hard earned money to.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, so far, so good then! It might be a smaller size, but that's okay with me. The shop selling it is local for me, so I will be buying it in person, and they advertise that all thier stuff is new, not refurbished.

Now, to get the guts to cut into my leather seats will be another story...

Also need to find a place to put an XBOX somewhere out of the way in the truck. Maybe a carpeted false floor?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Before you go cutting your seat, TEST THE SCREEN. When you read the instructions you will have 3 main wires. 12-volt ignition, ground, wire that needs to be connected to parking brake lead. Here is the trick, the wire that it tells you to ground it to the parking brake, ground it to the same place you put the other ground. By doing this it will allow you to use the TV when ever. If you were to follow the directions you would only be able to use it when the parking brake was engaged. TEST THE SCREEN buy touching the wires to a booster pack. Hook up your xbox and give it a whirl. If you cant tell what your looking at its not worth cutting your seat.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I will test everything before any blade touches my seat.

I pushed against where it will go on the back of the seat, and it felt kind of hollow. I am not sure it will hold a screen very well in that location. I guess I can ask the shop about it, maybe they have an idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts