Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of a possible 408 built motor :banana2: , and I just want to see who all has them,who built the motor, what amount of hp and tq, and what it took to make that amount of power. I have a 2000 R/T CC and I want something with a good amount of power to bet those Lightning, LSI's, and Cobra owners, and still be able to drive the truck occasionally during the week. So any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'll have one here in a couple weeks. I got mine from John Mercedes at southeast performance. I don't know for sure what the hp and torque ratings would be but he told me if i went with a 150 shot of nitrous i'll be in upwards of 500-600 hp. I'll be running on the mopar pcm also. He was very cooperative in helping me also. He asked me what i wanted to do and is building me an engine based on what i wanted and how i was gonna use the truck. I see more everyday driving then drag racing. So i wanted something for the street.

·
G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
i have a 390 going in by the spring. if i can help it. getting the block and bottom end all done up at www.speed-o-motive.com. im going as much of the little stuff as i can. getting the crank and all the bearing mating surfaces coated, tops of the pistions ceramic coated, combustion chambers and exhaust ports done, valve stem and tips moly coated. im going to try and science it out as much as i know about. debating on if i should go with the rt+10 cam, or go with something a tick higher as far as the lift goes. i dont want to go too far from the stock (rt+10 duration and lobe separation spec though), still ned to pass emissions and all that fun shit. i also dont want to have to keep tuning this thing everytime i need to go somewhere. far as im willing to go, is ill custom flash my computer, and thats it. no fast system, or having to call bill gates to come live in the bed of my truck..no thanks. stuff is too expensive anyhows..once its all said and done, i found a new dyno place near me. gonna run it on there, and see. im hoping for at least 330 at the wheels. that should make for a nice 12 second truck. 12.80's im looking at. that is if i can get traction. lol, im going to need to buy a beater for the times the weather is bad now... :drive:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.