Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed new headlight bulbs, nice bright white light now.

But... I can't run the fogs all the time like I used to, it looks stupid. The fogs are too yellow, and don't look good at all with the new headlights.

Where can I find white fogs that fit the stock location on my 01 Dak QC Sport?

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Change the bulb to silvania silverstars!

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it sounds like those are replaceable bulbs? I hadn't looked at that, I thought it was a sealed type, or I assummed so. I will have to take a closer look!

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
just make sure you get bulbs that have a 90 degree elbow in the bulb housing!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
anything xenon super white will brighten em up :biggthump

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am having a difficult time finding these! It appeasr to be a bulb # 898, which no one carries. An 899 fits Dakota/Durago pre-01 style, but mine and newer is an 898.

The 899 appears to have the same connector, but it is not at a 90 degree, it is straight. Why would it not work? I peeked under the bumper last night, and there is plenty of room....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Found mine on ebay. They are the eurodezigns ones, might find them there or try www.eurodezigns.com

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
BlackDak said:
I am having a difficult time finding these! It appeasr to be a bulb # 898, which no one carries. An 899 fits Dakota/Durago pre-01 style, but mine and newer is an 898.

The 899 appears to have the same connector, but it is not at a 90 degree, it is straight. Why would it not work? I peeked under the bumper last night, and there is plenty of room....
The 891/894 bulb size is compatible with the 898 - just make sure it has the 90-degree connector for 2001-2004 Dakotas/2001-2003 Durangos. The 1997-2000 Dakota and 1998-2000 Durango has a different 893 bulb which has a straight connector, the two bulb designs are not compatible with each other's mounting brackets.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stranger, you seem to be full of the answers I am needing tonight, thanks!

SinCity, I'll check those numbers tomorrow, hopefully they will have them in stock!

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, I cannot find any of those number bulbs in a Silverstar, and they are telling me that they are not made. Goon, what exactly are you running, and where did you get them?

This is driving me nuts, not being able to find a stupid light bulb!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just checked my truck and I have the 894 from eurodezigns, those are listed on the eurodezigns website. Like I said I got mine from ebay, or we have a local custom sound system shop here that dabbles in perfomance parts, mainly for ricers, but they carry eurodezign bulbs. If you have anything like that by you they might be a place to check.

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Go on ebay, and get some bulbs called EuroLites. They should have the ones you are looking for. They are good bulbs. Much like the sylvania silverstars... pure white light, and a reasonable price.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am already running the Eurolite headlights, and my Challenger has a full Eurolite conversion set. I hadn't thought to try where I got the headlights... duh

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Well, if they dont have them, try ebay. ;)

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just put the sylverstar 893's in my 02 dakota as I have been having a problem with finding 898's anywhere...Its close but the only thing different between the 2 lights are the tabs for the harness to click onto and the 90 degree angle. The 898's have 2 tabs on the side of the bulb and a 90 degree bend, the 893's have one tab on top of the bulb and no 90 degree bend. Its not clipped on but with that rubber grommet like deal on end of harness is really holds her in good and I had no problem at all with changing them out or hooking them up. The mounting brackets werent in the way at all.

·
Registered
69 Posts
does the head lights have the straight or 90 elbow for a 2000 dakota

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
00BlackKota said:
does the head lights have the straight or 90 elbow for a 2000 dakota
As far as I know, all the headlights have the straight in bulb ports. The fog lights are the only thing that are different. The 2000 models fog lights are straight in.

~CYCLONE_06

1 - 20 of 21 Posts