Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey which would win in a quarter mile, A Dodge Dakota Reg. Cab 4x4 3.7 L w/ stock engine but with 20" American Racing Maxim with GoodYear GT II tires or a civic hach-back which is also has stock engine but with 16" rims and low-profile tires? :duel:

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
I would hope the dakota would win.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it a garranteed win?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
only other rims i got are the stock ones and they are heavy'er :(

G

·
Try it out. No shame in not winning, just have fun with it. I take on all comers, and get spanked by many. GTs, a GNX, I like to see how mine will compete. Almost had a GT, he sat and smoked them, while I started walking away. The honda has less body weight, but he might choke and stall it. You never know what will happen. Good luck:cool:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True dat, good advise, but i already raced him and i beat him by one of my truck lenghts
i crushed i thought :smash:

G

·
My old stock 98 Dakota 5speed Reg cab 3.9 V6 ran 16.8 @ 80 mph

You should be ok......put the stock wheels back on though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats what i did, cause think about it,... smaller the wheel the more tourqe you'll get, just like on a mountain bike :D

·
Stickhandler
60 Posts
Another good reason to do it is less inertia in the wheel. All the weight of the rim is farther out from the hub with the 20's they may be lighter but they're still probably harder to get rollin'. Not many drag cars wearing low profile rubber.

mount the stockers and TCB!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
better watch out those little cars are light. If u are going to race the guy for money i hope u know him because he could have a nos system. He would be out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts