Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
Im thinking of doing some mods to my good old 01 durango slt.
I really want to get a new muffler but im not sure which way to go, just to give you guys a background this 2001 Dodge Durango its my daily driver, I drive it from home to school and then to my job. I want a different sound, not the regular stock. I dont know guys if you could help me out? I was looking for some videos in YouTube to get myself an idea of what it would sound like. Im thinking about a super 40. What do you guys recommend/think? I want something that can be distinguished from a stock sound. There's still plenty of work to do with this Durango so Im getting started with a new muffler.

Here is a picture of my 01 Durango in Mazamitla!

·
Registered
4 Posts
which flowmaster? NONE!!!
My 99 Durango has the 5.9 L V8. I need a new muffler. I'm also looking to upgrade the sound, although I don't want anything obnoxious. I love the Rumble and Roar this engine makes and I would just like to hear a little bit more than with the muffler I've got now. I'm pretty sure it's the stock unit. If not Flowmaster, then what muffler would you recommend to us? I don't know about the gentleman that started this thread, but I would appreciate some specificity, please.

·
Registered
383 Posts
My 99 Durango has the 5.9 L V8. I need a new muffler. I'm also looking to upgrade the sound, although I don't want anything obnoxious. I love the Rumble and Roar this engine makes and I would just like to hear a little bit more than with the muffler I've got now. I'm pretty sure it's the stock unit. If not Flowmaster, then what muffler would you recommend to us? I don't know about the gentleman that started this thread, but I would appreciate some specificity, please.
Magnaflow is always a good choice, their sound seems to be one of the most popular. You just need to find one that has the same diameter and location (offset or center) of the stock exhaust pipes. Search through the exhaust page here, and maybe your answer is there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts