Dakota Durango Forum banner

Which flowmaster should I get?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  HandymanBill 
#1 ·
Hey guys!
Im thinking of doing some mods to my good old 01 durango slt.
I really want to get a new muffler but im not sure which way to go, just to give you guys a background this 2001 Dodge Durango its my daily driver, I drive it from home to school and then to my job. I want a different sound, not the regular stock. I dont know guys if you could help me out? I was looking for some videos in YouTube to get myself an idea of what it would sound like. Im thinking about a super 40. What do you guys recommend/think? I want something that can be distinguished from a stock sound. There's still plenty of work to do with this Durango so Im getting started with a new muffler.

Here is a picture of my 01 Durango in Mazamitla!

See less See more
#3 ·
My 99 Durango has the 5.9 L V8. I need a new muffler. I'm also looking to upgrade the sound, although I don't want anything obnoxious. I love the Rumble and Roar this engine makes and I would just like to hear a little bit more than with the muffler I've got now. I'm pretty sure it's the stock unit. If not Flowmaster, then what muffler would you recommend to us? I don't know about the gentleman that started this thread, but I would appreciate some specificity, please.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.