Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was researching newer 4.7 engines on car parts.com I cam across this selection (w/front carrier mounting boss on L. Rr of block) or this selection (w/o front carrier mounting boss on L. Rr of block) which one is the one that I will need for a 99 WJ swap. Or does it not matter.

The engine is coming from a 04 dakota or 03 durango

Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
You are putting the 4.7 into your jeep? If so, verify the computer you have, should be a 3 plug PCM, JTEC. Which means you have a 16 tooth tone ring. Meaning you will need to swap the tone rings if you use the 04 or 03 engines. Either one is not exactly a direct swap.

Not sure what a mounting boss is.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Hmm...possibly something to do with front axle mounting? I've never encountered that question myself and that is the only thing I can think of.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies. I know I will have to swap tonewheel and right cam sprocket and some sensors but I didn't know what the front carrier mounting boss on L. Rr of block is and weather I would need one with the front carrier mounting boss on L. Rr of block or one with out. The salvage yard I asked didn't know the anwer either.

Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
If it is the case wear it mounts differently to the front axle, I would think you can still use the existing mounts from your vehicle to mount it to your axle. I am not aware of any changes to the block that should stop you from being able to mount it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts