Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Chillin The Most
29,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking online and I have posted before but I want to know where you lifted durangos get your lifted shackles from. I read that chevy lowering shackles will work also... I would go to ebay but I got one of those goofy $50 visa cards.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Aren't your leaf eyes above the hanger? If they are (mine are, not sure on 2wds), you can't lift with shackles.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Aren't your leaf eyes above the hanger? If they are (mine are, not sure on 2wds), you can't lift with shackles.
They are below.

·
10,424 Posts
Well, lift or lowering shackles is dependant on where the spring is in relation to the hanger. Same part could lift one vehicle and lower another.

I don't know much of anything about where to get them, but look into the Durango guys' lift shackles. May well be the same thing.

·
Chillin The Most
29,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, lift or lowering shackles is dependant on where the spring is in relation to the hanger. Same part could lift one vehicle and lower another.

I don't know much of anything about where to get them, but look into the Durango guys' lift shackles. May well be the same thing.
I believe that they are the same thing

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
About time :jester:

·
Registered
576 Posts
those say lowering lol

·
Banned
9,045 Posts
those say lowering lol
yeah, but if you look at the pic on the box in the upper right hand side.....it shows the leaf on the top side of the hanger......but on a vehicle with the leaf on the bottom of the hanger it will lift.

to the OP...which parts store did you find those? any idea on the amount of lift?

·
i hate stupid old people
590 Posts
most parts stores will have those in stock, or at least at a local warehouse and can get it for you within a day

·
Chillin The Most
29,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They will lift my truck because I am leaf under hanger and I bought them from O'reilly Auto Parts. Btw do you guys know where I can buy new hardware at?

·
10,424 Posts
Seeing as how you're in Cali, I would imagine your bolts would come out fine. Just reuse them.

That said, just stop at the dealer and ask for the spring eye and hanger bolts. That, or a local spring shop if you know of one.

·
Stock Lookin'
3,040 Posts
Seeing as how you're in Cali, I would imagine your bolts would come out fine. Just reuse them.

That said, just stop at the dealer and ask for the spring eye and hanger bolts. That, or a local spring shop if you know of one.
Chicago :jester:

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
:jester:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts