Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Now Nitrous Injected!!!
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is it at under the hood or on the frame? I'm having some trouble finding it.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
You don't want to know.... Its in the Gas tank ... :cussing: :rant: damn dodge ..

I'd go with the if it aint broke don't fix it man :biggthump mine died at 140k if I rember correctly, now at 227k and so far no trouble yet :biggthump <knocking on wood> :jester:

·
Now Nitrous Injected!!!
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Two words I'm thinking of now. OH SHIT. :help:

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
why are u trying to find it anyway? is there something wrong with it? I always wonder how people with trucks three or four years younger than mine have so many problems with em...

·
Now Nitrous Injected!!!
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah just gonna replace it. I though I would just buy a new one and slide it on. Now that I know its in the tank I ain't messing with it.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Yellow318 said:
Yeah just gonna replace it. I though I would just buy a new one and slide it on. Now that I know its in the tank I ain't messing with it.

Good Idea man :biggthump

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
how hard could it be? Just pop the tank off, drop it down, take it out, Im guessing its just connected to the fuel line, and put it in? Theres probably more to it than that, but probably something worth the troube considering how much a shop would probably charge., if they would even do it.

·
Mike
839 Posts
I just told my dad that i was going to replace mine and his cause he got a dakota too about a month ago...guess i def. wont be doing that anytime soon.

·
Home Owner....
1,722 Posts
DownBoi said:
how hard could it be? Just pop the tank off, drop it down, take it out, Im guessing its just connected to the fuel line, and put it in? Theres probably more to it than that, but probably something worth the troube considering how much a shop would probably charge., if they would even do it.

fuel pump and filter are one unit. so ya, if it aint broke dont fix it. fuel additives and *quality* gas are the best bets for long life on these.

BTW, it aint just Dodge that has this set up.... pretty much all FI vehicles are this setup.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
the fuel filter is really just a screen sock from what I saw. I was thinking of having a inline filter added to the hard lien by flaring it and using the same filter and nut set up that I have on my Jimmy
Rob

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
YellowKota2k said:
That's just like a little pre-filter. The actual filter is the little round thing on top.

AH HA. Ok learned something new every day

ROb

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.