Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
DANGURO5
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know about anyone eles but i have been waiting for someone to put out a set of projector headlights for durango's/dakota's. i know that DRaven was making a set but that project seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. anyone know anything about the DRaven projectors or any other projector headlights? also anyone know a decent not to expensive bi-xenon HID kit to buy and if possible pics of how lights shine.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts

here they are. Not what I had in mind for durango projections, but at least he tried....

I'm like you waiting for some projections. I went with the depo's for now.....

http://www.dravenproducts.com

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
No offense to whomever's truck that is. But the detailing of the black cover on the headlights looks like crap. There has to be a better way of attaching that than using black plastic that snaps or glues directly onto to the existing headlight. And is not nearly worth the money for the look that you get.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
check out the site. those are real headlights not snap ons

it's they're attempt to make projections for the D.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I was talking about the black plastic crap on the outside to make the heads look round. That is the part that looks like crap. And not to mention that the turn and corner bulb set-up is obivously unresolved. To spend all that money and have it look like it does on that Durango is definitely a waste of money.

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Thats not a durango. Thats a dakota. Its his own truck, as seen below.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
GOON'S D said:
I was talking about the black plastic crap on the outside to make the heads look round. That is the part that looks like crap. And not to mention that the turn and corner bulb set-up is obivously unresolved. To spend all that money and have it look like it does on that Durango is definitely a waste of money.

I don't follow you. There is no black plastic crap. He molded circular plastic to house the projectors to holes he cut in stock lenses. The lens was then painted black. What is unresolved? He painted the triangular part of the corner lens to match the headlight. I'm not defending him. I've just seen those pictures for a long time now. Off hand, I dont see what you are talking about.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Projector Headlights

APC list this number 403671HL Dodge Dakota Projection Headlights for 97 to 04 Dakotas and 98 to 03 Durangos on their website. It has been on their website for a few years now but they have never released them. If anyone knows how to put some pressure on APC to produce these 403671HL PROJECTION HEADLIGHTS, I'll join in and do my part!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I am in if you need help, I would kill at this point for a real projector headlight. I love them. What I dont understand is every other vehicle out there has them and they say that the aftermarket for dakota/durango's just isnt that good that is why they dont have a vast assortment of aftermarket things such as the projectors. I see dakotas and durangos EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!! What the hell do they mean "No aftermarket demand" Let me know what we can do to pressure APC

·
I bleev u have mai staplr
3,954 Posts
I think just sending them a link to this site and how many members we have would be enough. And tell them to look at some of the pictures of members trucks. No market for them my ass! :cussing:

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Boomin5POINT9 said:
I think just sending them a link to this site and how many members we have would be enough. And tell them to look at some of the pictures of members trucks. No market for them my ass! :cussing:
I agree.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
rockadaous said:

here they are. Not what I had in mind for durango projections, but at least he tried....

I'm like you waiting for some projections. I went with the depo's for now.....

http://www.dravenproducts.com
Funny, I always wanted a set of those. Painted yellow... Hmmmmmm Yes yes yes! I could make the same thing, but use a pair of 4" driving lights (which I'm sure is what was used for the "high" beam. Just aim a set up higher. That'd be badass. and all those lights have a blue lense on em too, that'd look tight on a yellow truck... Hmmm.... Do I have the balls to cut up my headlights? NO, I need to find a set in a junkyard! :biggthump

Anyone replaced some nasty yellow lenses on their Dakotas? I need some stock lenses for a 'project' :biggthump

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
They wouldnt look ricey if they were done right, like the black ones above.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
i seen a dakota the other day with them lights like the new maximas have and all man i love them lights

·
Registered
329 Posts
Man I would love projectors as well.

I think what Goons was saying about the turn, corner not being resolved, is that the projectors that are out now usually have all the turn signal, corner and head lamps in one unit.
Draven only created the headlights but wasn't able to incorporate the other lights into it.
I love Dravens truck and give him great kudos for hooking that up, but there has got to be someone or a company that can do it complete and at a decent price.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I called APC today and asked them about those projectors and they said they dont make them be cause there was no demand and they want be making them anytime soon. SHIT!!!!!!! :cussing:

·
Registered
9 Posts
APC has a part number 403671HL. These are PROJECTION HEADLIGHTS for the 97-04 Dakota and 98-03 Durango. When they were emailed about the part number being in their catalog for several years, this was the response received from Brian Feierday, Customer Service Manager at APC!

From Brian "Tree" Feierday,
"I sense a forum starting up...
Yeah, I've been trying to get this released, because no one makes anything for these trucks. Cant say that it would happen, but if the "corporate" people see large requests for these, it may happen..

good luck.

Brian "Tree" Feierday
Customer Service Manager
International Accounts Executive
1800.594.4272 ext. 6043 toll free
951.324.6043 Local Direct
951.324.6096 Fax number"

:help: If you want to get on the bandwagon :clap2: and get PROJRCTOR HEADLIGHTS, email Brian "Tree" Feierday at [email protected].

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Hmm... perhaps a list of interested members should be sent to him, just to give him an idea on the number of people that do want these ?

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I like Dravens. They make it look like a Bentley or something. I hate the price, definitely not worth that kind of cash!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts