Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I know the 01 Dakotas tend to eat ball joints. That being said, would a 1" wheel spacer put too much stress on them and make me blow through them if I want to fit 33's and use wheel spacers? Or would I just be better off saving for wheels with a deeper offset? Note: I don't ever intend to do serious off roading, but I'd like be able to do moderate trails.

Also, this is for my project 01 4x4, not the vehicle in my description

·
Registered
9 Posts
If I were you I'd go with the more offset wheels, 1 it will look much better and 2 it will be much softer in the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160325/8ffebe4e2d1a092a9423dc6d7126f135.jpg[/IMG

My 96 Dakota with 33x12.5x15 on a 15x10 rim with 4.5 back spacing only problem is ribbing on fenders but with little trimming all is well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Dakota SLT Quad Cab 4x4
99 Posts
I cannot find any Alloy Rims with 0 to -10 offset so I am running 1 1/2 " spacers and 35" Cooper M/T tires , works very well , but would rather run the rims with no offset or -10 , because spacers change the steering geometry .

·
Registered
127 Posts
I cant seem to see how a spacer would stress bearings any more than more negative offset rims would.?
Leverage would remain the same between the two options. The stress, i imagine, would be on the studs since mechanically the hub surface would be forced out further with spacers. Like making the hub surface of the rim 3" thick before the nuts can secure the wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts