Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I got my wheels put on (MB Motoring Jump) with 285/50/20 :drool: (it looks so good with fat, or should I say PHAT tires) and I am having a slight rubbing problem. Is there any thing that I can do about it? Someone had mentioned using spacers but I looked inside and if pushed the tires out, it looks like it would then start to hit in the front when I turned. Right now it is only rubbing when I turn and I either hit a bump or the axle is not level. What are my options? :huh:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Where is it rubbing at? If the tire is rubbing on the inside of the wheel well, your only options are to cut that part of the wheel well out, or go with a lower profile tire. If its rubbing on the top of the flare when you hit a bump, you could try adding a taller bump stop.

Shawn

·
Registered
85 Posts
98 Black SLT i know u wanted the PHAT tires but 275/45 was PHAT enough thats what i got on mines and it looks good no problem with rub either, but u may want to lossen your shock tensioners to raise it about a half, but you better get a pro to do that, dont cut your wheel well out (only if its in the front or back of the tire) if you cut out the wheel well that sheilds dirt and water from your engine and you have a open air intake it may get nasty and your engine bay will get reall dirty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts