Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im still having trouble with my stearing wheel shaking! i have done all the ball joints and have had the wheels ballanced i also figured out its not the drive shaft my stearing is kinda loose and jearks over bumps does anyone have any input i already spend a shit load on parts and trying to fix it some one said my wheels could be off like made cheep but i think it may be the tie rod ends or somthing in the stearing links any input would help its not the brakes eather just up graded !

· Registered
13 Posts
sounds like the idler arm(connects near the inner right front tie rod end)

· Registered
8 Posts
i had to have my passenger wheel bearing replaced. it never made the first howl, but was bad for thousands of miles. my avenger always let me know with that pleasant howling. after 5 replaced hub and wheel bearing assemblies on the avenger, you would think i would have noticed any such indications in my truck, but she never made any indication other than a horrible driving experience. i think justme84 is probably right.
btw- i very much earned all the work required on the avenger, not factory defects or anything like that.

G

·
i would guess its the stearing shaft im going to put mine on tommorow .when the truck waz 3 months old they put on on and thats before i lowered it 3/4 .the shaft retractable goes in out so u can put it on thats were the movement is comming from on mine anyway i hope this helps later dave :mullet:

· Registered
2,372 Posts
Stock wheels or aftermarket? if its aftermarket you may need a hubcentric ring. Some if not most aftermarket rims the center hub hole is bigger than the hub of the vehicle. if you notice stock wheels on ALL cars have the center hole almost perfectly matched to fit over the hub of the vehicle. Thats what centers the wheel not the lug nuts. the lug nuts just hold the wheel to the car. They werent designed to center the wheel. My wifes SUV with 20s did th same thing and as soon as I installed the hubcentric rings it went back to smooth ride.
if its stock then it may be a tire issue. did you try to rotate the rims and tires?
Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.