Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2001 Durango that I'm pretty sure needs to have the front wheel bearings replaced, especially the drivers side. Whenever I turn the wheel towards the right I can hear (and feel) some type of repetitive friction noise coming from the front tire. I had it checked out at the dealership, where they told me they're "pretty sure" its the bearings. Since its such a large ($$) job I'm entertaining the thought of doing it myself. Can anyone give me a ballpark of how big a job it may be time and mess-wise, and does anyone know of a site out there where I can find a decent step-by-step set of instructions? Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Acutually its not that hard at all the bearing is a sealed bolt on unit, remove the wheel, remove brake caliper and rotor, remove axleshaft retaining nut, and then just unbolt bearing assembly, bolts are on the backside of the steering knuckle. To reassemble reverse the procedure, be very careful not to crossthread caliper bolts, its very easy to do. Your dodge dealership should be able to help you out with torque specs, or someone on here might even know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts