Dakota Durango Forum banner

wheel bearing nut size?

24K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  stephainebb 
#1 ·
? What is exact size of the wheel bearing nut on a 2002 Club Cab SXT 2wd drive? is it metric or standard heard through other posts read 36 mm and others standard. Plan on changing out wheel bearings particularly the left one. Also going to detrmine a burning smell like electrical Iam smelling wondering if I have a brake line bad any advice would be helpful.
Thanx...

#4 ·
Thanks everyone for your advice turn out I use a 1-3/8" 6pt. socket 1/2" drive breaker bar to loosen it, and wow how easy this was to replace, it was the left side that was bad. Now I need to determine that burning smell like wires Iam smelling.

#6 ·
It was ..... 11 years ago!

#8 ·
? What is exact size of the wheel bearing nut on a 2002 Club Cab SXT 2wd drive? is it metric or standard heard through other posts read 36 mm and others standard. Plan on changing out wheel bearings particularly the left one. Also going to detrmine a burning smell like electrical Iam smelling wondering if I have a brake line bad any advice would be helpful. Thanx...
I have 2000 dodge Durango 2wd 5.2 slt rear abs and NOT a 32mm or 34mm. I'm going to buy a 36mm now. Side note: be extremely delicate with caliper pins they strip easy & it's a world of trouble to replace & or fix. Common problem that should be recalled for 98-2004 models

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.