Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fuel Monster
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Dodge fans,
I have been viewing your site for a while and I have a tech question that hopefully someone can help me out. I have a 2002 Dakota, and I was thinking of putting a new set of wheels & tires on it in. My question is Brakes. Does anyone know if I have to upgrade my brakes, if I put on 18" or 20" wheels? Most people and places say if you upgrade your wheels, you should upgrade your brakes. We all know the rule of "rolling mass". Anyways I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this subject for me.
Thanks

·
Will Race For Food
1,298 Posts
Brake upgrade

The only brake upgrade I can find for my dak is the viper set up. This is costly and takes time to locate used calipers and rotors from a viper. They both have the same lug pattern to let you know

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
welcome to the boards. I would say it would have to depend on your driving style. you don't have to go all the way to a viper upgrade. you could step up to slotted/drilled rotors with better pads (hawk). I have 20's on my durango and plan on going with oem size drilled setup. So I guess the answer is no you don't have to, but it is a good idea.

·
Fuel Monster
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully I'll get some new rims and upgrade my brakes in the near future.
Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts