Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys, I have a set of cadillac escalade rims im considering tossing on my 97 dakota. In order to get the lug pattern so it fits, Id have to use a wheel adapter to go from the 6x4.5 on the dodge up to the 6x5.5 on the escalade rims. Anyone had any experience with wheel adapters? Recommended, not recommended etc?? Thanks!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wheel adapters are generally not a good idea.

1. They tend to loosen.
2. Tolerances on two bolt patterns can stack up and cause the wheel not to be centered on the hub resulting in vibration like an out of balance wheel.
3. Depending on the rims you are using they effectively reduce backspacing and can cause interference probelms with the fenders.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dgc333 said:
Wheel adapters are generally not a good idea.

1. They tend to loosen.
2. Tolerances on two bolt patterns can stack up and cause the wheel not to be centered on the hub resulting in vibration like an out of balance wheel.
3. Depending on the rims you are using they effectively reduce backspacing and can cause interference probelms with the fenders.
I was told today that if you are running 6 lug..stay 6 lug. And if your running 5 lug to stay 5 lug with no problems. The problems start when you go from a 6 to a 5 or a 5 to 6 lug. This is what I was told by a manufacturer and I do not know this for sure. Having a Durango I was told I could run a Chevy 6 lug wheel with no ill effects with the correct adapters.

·
Where's the mud?
1999 Dakota Sport 5.2L V8, 1999 Dakota SLT 5.2L V8, 2003 Dakota SLT 3.9L V6
48 Posts
Dakota Durango wheel adapters

In case this ever comes up again, or if anybody searching the web is looking at this page, this is the only place I've found that still carries the Wheel ADAPTERS for 6bolt on 4.5" up to 6bolt on 5.5"

So if you have a Dakota or Durango with the 6x4.5" pattern, and you want to use a GM rim or anybody else that has 6x5.5"

http://prowheeladapters.com/wheel-a...-3-to-6x139-7-1-25-1-pair-wheel-adapters.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts