Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
145 DB Club
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im finally working a better job, and Im looking to repaint my pickup. The two idea's I have, and want to choose from are. Im either going painted bumpers, grill, roll pan, door/tailgate handles, and painting it viper yellow OR new chrome bumpers, grill, and grey plastics, and repaint it black again. Obviously I'll do accenting mods, like a hood, bed cover, .ect but what do you guys think? Im leaning towards the yellow, but I dont totally hate the black.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Have you painted before with automotive paint guns? If not then I suggest doing some practice work to learn technique, distance, speed, air pressures, ect.

If you have well never mind the previous comments lol.

I'd do the yellow!

·
145 DB Club
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a buddy who's gonna spray it for me he does amazing work all I gotta do is buy the supplies and the paint

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
The yellow would look pretty bad ass I think, since I love bright colors. I guess it stems from my love of the old Mopar high impact stuff lol. But it's also good to keep a kinda low profile, when you're out tearing around the cops have their eye on a bright yellow truck more than just a plain black one.

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,225 Posts
There will be a ton of work if you are going to color change it.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
There will be a ton of work if you are going to color change it.
Yeah, thats true at least if he does it correctly. Door jams, hood jam, rad support, inner fenders, tailgate, back of the cab, bed, etc.

Although, at least it's black and not a clashing color. You could just use aperature tape in the jams and under the hood and worry more about the back of the cab and what not.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Pulling the bed off from what I have seen isn't a big deal and takes about an hour or so with 2 people.

If you do yellow, do a pearl or metallic yellow! It'll show the body lines really nicely.

·
145 DB Club
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its getting painted viper yellow already decided with your guys help lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts