Dakota Durango Forum banner

161 - 180 of 186 Posts

·
lovin my dak
3,427 Posts
yea fuck all that noise haha. I get 20 city. :p suck it troy
fuck you asshole!! i think its because i mostly just go to get fast food(long ass lines wasting gas almost erry day), go to school, and go to work. that bout sums it up if i was driving around it be better i bet.

·
American Rebel.
13,453 Posts
I have a 2 miles commute

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm still getting around 14 in mine. It SUCKS! I'd be ecstatic if I could get around 18 mpg. I think I might sell it in the next year or two and get a 4dr Wrangler.

·
Registered
38 Posts
idk what a fuelly is but i assure u i dont have one haha... anyways idk what has changed or what i did if anything but the last 2 days in city once i get up to normal speed (about 45 on most streets) im getting 14-15 and freeway (i usually steady 65) im getting 20-23... like i said no complaints at all but im happy :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Oh, I'm good now. I made a slight alteration and I'm averaging 28mpg EASY now!

I bought a Dodge Caliber to use as my daily driver :D

·
American Rebel.
13,453 Posts
haha well my mileage has gone down now. I dumped the exhuast and my foot loves to be planted. that 2 mile commute to school really sucked it down :D

·
Toxic Avenger
1,116 Posts
The first leg of my annual Christmas trip from Las Vegas to Missouri and Arkansas I got the worst mpg of 14.4 climbing into Flagstaff Az. The best of 17.7 through Texas and Oklahoma with no alcohol fuel. Averaging 16.4 for the trip out.

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
1999 V8 5.2 4x4 Club Cab, camper shell, Air Raide CAI, Super Chips 'Economy'

I bought the truck last year and was getting about 14.6mpg with BGF AT2's

Now, as I'm slowly bringing the maintenance schedule up to date, and with 265/75-16s

My Best is 19.6mpg, and that is nearly all highway with winter fuel!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ill try this out when summer comes around in my R/T but as for the over head console MPG I get 10mpg? /shrug

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sadly, you gotta keep them RPM's down and drive like grandpa. 1600-1700 RPM max so thats about 60-65mph for me, otherwise, yer just suckin fuel.

·
American Rebel.
13,453 Posts
forgot I had fuelly, but got 430 out of a tank the other day when i drove her easy

·
American Rebel.
13,453 Posts
lol, i dont know how, but i average 400-450 a tank

·
Registered
152 Posts
I managed 11.33 mpg the last time i filled up, 2001 quad cab 3.9..... need better haha

·
Registered
370 Posts
mines been struggling to get over 12, i can drive like an old man or like and ass and still get 12...

·
Masta Thread Jacka
73 Posts
Only managed 14.8...but probably too short a trip for good indication.

Full truck, empty bed. Head/cross wind most of the ride.

2001 QC 4x4 4.7 Auto with 3.55s. Kept on cruise control set 70-72. About 6 miles of our trip was 60mph zone so set there, and another 8 miles city and hill driving. Total of 60 miles one way, fill up to "topping back off just to see" fill up.

Problem I have now...planning a 2400 mile round trip in two weeks. Need to be able to plan fuel expense. Ugggg

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well, I didn't know about "fuelly", but according to my trip computer, which has never been reset since I bought the truck new, 19.6 with 183,700 on the odometer. Mostly highway driving with a soft tonneau.

·
Registered
1988 Dodge Dakota LWB RC 3.9V6 3 speed auto
1,518 Posts
lol, i dont know how, but i average 400-450 a tank
What Big_Texxan isn't mentioning is that he has a second, 22 gallon tank on his truck ...

J/K. But back in the 60's when one of my uncles bought a RV, and discovered it got 3.8 MPG - being a welder, he took three 55 gallon drums, made new gas tanks to fit in the frame, and interconnected them so that the one filler would fill all of the gas tank(s) in it. It took over 100 gallons to fill it from empty ...

RwP

161 - 180 of 186 Posts