Dakota Durango Forum banner

181 - 186 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Was getting around 11-12 before the 2" drop and have seen it go to 14.4 first tank after drop with no other changes. This is a 4x4 so I guess the height really does effect the drag of the truck. May go 1 more inch a little later. If I can keep it in the 14-15 range I'm good. It gets what the old rc rt was getting and this is a crew cab and 4x4.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Was getting around 11-12 before the 2" drop and have seen it go to 14.4 first tank after drop with no other changes.
I had this in my mind the past few days. Am in the process of dropping my 2011 quad. Kept thinking that this would have to help highway mileage at least a little. Leveling it out would reduce the rake on the windshield and front end as well as reduce exposed frontal area (tires tucked up a little higher).

Hoping to see an improvement also as my current mileage is about 12mpg.

·
American Rebel.
13,453 Posts
What Big_Texxan isn't mentioning is that he has a second, 22 gallon tank on his truck ...

J/K. But back in the 60's when one of my uncles bought a RV, and discovered it got 3.8 MPG - being a welder, he took three 55 gallon drums, made new gas tanks to fit in the frame, and interconnected them so that the one filler would fill all of the gas tank(s) in it. It took over 100 gallons to fill it from empty ...

RwP

I wish. That would be cool to have more tanks. Now that I have more room in the bed with some custom mods, and a tonneau, I wouldnt mind replacing the tank with a 25+ gallon in bed looking tank that they sell around here. Farm towns, they will make toolboxes that are gas tanks, and look like regular toolboxes. I could hide the fact I have a AUX tank in the bed

·
American Rebel.
13,453 Posts
I did a little experimenting with a new intake setup, we will see if MPG goes up or down due to it.

181 - 186 of 186 Posts