Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the spirit of the "What's your Mileage" thread I thought we should open a thread displaying our truck's MPG. That other thread is to report your odometer reading and not your MPG. One of the biggest problems with that thread is that the data goes stale almost immediately.

Fuelly is a web-based tool that keeps track of your vehicles MPG. What makes Fuelly so clever is that you can upload your information with a text message. Fuelly then provides the HTML that allows you to post an image displaying your MPG that gets updated everytime you update your information.

It's very easy to use. We should also post relevant information on our trucks so that people can compare their numbers.

http://www.fuelly.com

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
2002 Dodge Dakota Sport
3.9L V6 Automatic
Club cab
Airaid CAI
Roll-n-Lock cover
60 highway miles a day (@ roughly ~75mph)
Florida (mentioned since different regions use different fuel blends)

It's depressing when you look at the number on your profile that represents the amount of money you've spent on fuel.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Haha, I made one too but deleted it since you made this already.

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport
3.9 V6 Manual (5-speed)
Club Cab
Uh, stock. Drop-in K&N count?:jester:
40 mi a day for work (all highway 65-70 mph)
Central CA

I just did a tune-up though. So those figures should be improving. I'm also planning to replace my fuel filter. I think it *might* be a little clogged due to sluggish symptoms at 3-2 gallons left but for good measure anyway since it's the original.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Currently averaging about 17.2 MPG. My best was 21.3, and my worst was 14.8, since I started using Fuelly.

Upcoming mods:
- Replace lower control arms, and align front end
- Try out SuperChips 3815 Flashpaq

·
http://extremedakotas.co.
2,493 Posts
1998 Dodge Dakota
3.9 V6 Auto
Club Cab
Dwight TB, CAI(just got a Superchip and 180*) I will update then.
What ever i need to drive that day lol
Upstate SC

See sig :)

·
http://extremedakotas.co.
2,493 Posts
Yes it does...slacker. Stop flooring it for a sec longer than him.:jester:
:mullet: Lol. I was in a hurry that one time! Damn!

Anyone know why I would only get only 1-2 mpg better ALL highway then all city? I made a trip to the beach and got around 18-19 there and back, city i get low 17 or high 16.. :huh: I figured I would get 21-23 Highway....

·
vtec kickin in yo
709 Posts
NOT dakota

2010 civic si coupe
2.0 6speed
tsudo catback exhaust

100% city, and vtec alot.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
2001 Dakota SLT 4x4
Quad Cab
Jeep GC TCM swap, Superchip Performance, 3" catback exhaust
Right now she got the shocks going out on her and one of the wheels is outta balance cause of it.
Used to do 50/50 city/highway. Now I'm almost doing 95/5 city/highway...

·
Premium Member
979 Posts

·
vtec kickin in yo
709 Posts
decided to put my bike on there too, yes i drive my bike SLOW, im still learning and not trying to kill myself. i have yet to go over 7k rpm

·
I drive with two feet
1,615 Posts
I have fuel records back to November, 2002 that I imported. Pretty cool.

On a side note, can some help me fix that way my signature is displaying? It looks correct when I edit it in User CP, but it always displays wrong when I post.

Should be:
2002 Graphite QC SLT Plus, 4.7L, NV3500, Superchips 3715, Dwight's 65mm TB, 3.92 LSD, R/T rear swaybar, no chrome, loads o'fun...
2001 Patriot Blue Durango SLT, 4.7L, 545RFE, Superchips 3715, Fastman 68mm TB, Jeep GC TCM, 3.55 Open (for now)
1999 Forest Green Dakota RC Sport, 2.5L, NV1500, 3.55 Open

But as you see it's not right... Every time I try to fix it I get the "you're only allowed five lines" crap...

[edit] I sort of fixed it. By wrapping the fuelly thing in "right" tags it shoves it to the right and doesn't mess up the flow of the three lines - not exactly what I wanted, but I'll live with it. Since when does four lines of BBcode get counted as more than five?

·
"][" {[]} {[]} ][_ 
17,338 Posts
My rt is so bad I dont waste time keeping up with it. It would make me feel bad.

The Hardbody though 22.3 all city.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have fuel records back to November, 2002 that I imported. Pretty cool.

On a side note, can some help me fix that way my signature is displaying? It looks correct when I edit it in User CP, but it always displays wrong when I post.
I can think of two reasons:
1) There's an invisible goofy character contained within your text that does not display but is being seen as a line break by the website. By any chance did you copy that text from another location and then paste it into the signature edit box? If so an odd formatting character may have been carried over.

2) There's a bug in the vBulletin website. Your text is long, does it wrap onto extra lines in the signature edit box? If so, those extra lines may be seen as a carriage return (i.e. a true new line that you intended)

I recommend starting from scratch (copy the text over to Notepad to save it. Notepad is a safe, formatting-free text editor). Then rebuild your signature little piece by little piece until you either reproduce the bug or get everything working.

·
Se habla Español.
1,424 Posts
2003 Dakota SLT
3.9L V6 Automatic
Club cab
Drop in K&N
Superchips
Dwight V6 TB
180 T-Stat
Snuglid

Most of my driving is done one the weekends ranging from 20 miles to 200 miles.

Now if I can only remember to update Fuelly whenever I fill up! I've missed 3 fuel-ups!!!!!

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I should probably start myself a Fuelly account, though I'm scared to see what this 4.7L gets in town :jester:. On the way back home on the day I bought it, It seemed to get great mileage on the highway.

1 - 20 of 185 Posts