Dakota Durango Forum banner
941 - 960 of 962 Posts
2003 Durango 5.9 R/T AWD with high and low. Recently had to replace the PCM at 112,000 miles. Got one from a wrecked one had it programed and updated. Love plug and play. Did a tune up as well. Old wires and plugs were shot and arcing bad. Oh and I haven't had her long. Bought her in March. 109666 on the odometer that day. I also put in a new tps just because. It is my dream dodge. Last year of the first gen before the 04 redesign came in. Which oddly enough is the 1500 quad cab I currently drive every day for my job. I drive my favorite when I leave everyday though. I barely drive anything but dodge between work and home.

2003 Durango 5.9 R/T AWD with high and low. Recently had to replace the PCM at 112,000 miles. Got one from a wrecked one had it programed and updated. Love plug and play. Did a tune up as well. Old wires and plugs were shot and arcing bad. Oh and I haven't had her long. Bought her in March. 109666 on the odometer that day. I also put in a new tps just because. It is my dream dodge. Last year of the first gen before the 04 redesign came in. Which oddly enough is the 1500 quad cab I currently drive every day for my job. I drive my favorite when I leave everyday though. I barely drive anything but dodge between work and home.
Speedometer Plant White Car Motor vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

My company work truck. 4yrs of rounds keeping stuff secure in her. Poor thing is getting close to her end. No record of idle hours but believe me there are sooooo many. 80,000 when the company got her. Better days then lol

2001 Dakota SLT ext cab
4.7 V8
5-spd manual 2wd
203,000 miles
12 to 14mpg in town, 17 to 19mpg highway

Ceramic coated headers, Flowmaster single exhaust, home made cold air intake, not done anything in the engine.
Is it a time bomb waiting to explode?

2001 4.7L cc Dakota
265,xxx miles

2004 slt quad cab 4.7l auto 545 trans with 176,xxx
cat back exhaust and cold air intake

1993 le extended cab 3.9 manual 5 speed with 123,xxx
V8 throttle body and cat back exhaust

2007 ram 1500 quad cab with a Frankenstein 4.7L and 6 speed manual
2007 block with the original flat top pistons and intake
2008+ heads, exhaust manifolds, and y pipe modified to a dual exhaust.

Lots of us here are of the mindset to keep driving it and get all your money out of it. I know of people that as soon as their car gets to 60K or 80K miles they move on to a new car. To me all that means is a perpetual car loan. With the "average" new car purchase these days at $45,000 means six year car loans of $745 per month!!

So these people that get a new car every four to six years are just paying $700+ for more than a decade! Idiocy to me.

Lots of us here are of the mindset to keep driving it and get all your money out of it. I know of people that as soon as their car gets to 60K or 80K miles they move on to a new car. To me all that means is a perpetual car loan. With the "average" new car purchase these days at $45,000 means six year car loans of $745 per month!!

So these people that get a new car every four to six years are just paying $700+ for more than a decade! Idiocy to me.
With all the electronic BS they put in newer vehicles I'll probably never own newer then about 2010. Might push to 2012 if I could find an eco diesel w/o the DEF or a good Cummins with a manual transmission.

Update:

2001 Dakota 4.7L SLT
Miles: 271,***

941 - 960 of 962 Posts